Where to live in Berlin

Hi,

I have a few questions for you all...

I am from Canada hopefully moving soon to Berlin.  I will be working in Hennigsdorf but would probably like to live in a nice area of Berlin. Will I need a car?

Also, do you have examples of website in English where I can find a furnished apartment in Berlin?

What city do you recommend if I decide to live in the suburbs instead of the city?  Of course close to my work.

Thanks in advance for your help

Cylphide wrote:

Hi,

I have a few questions for you all...

I am from Canada hopefully moving soon to Berlin.  I will be working in Hennigsdorf but would probably like to live in a nice area of Berlin. Will I need a car?

Also, do you have examples of website in English where I can find a furnished apartment in Berlin?

What city do you recommend if I decide to live in the suburbs instead of the city?  Of course close to my work.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi,

I am also hopefully moving soon to Berlin :rolleyes:

You won't need a car because the U-Bahn and the S-Bahn cover a 100% of the city. 

If you decide to live in the suburbs, the first city I would recommend is Potsdam in the south west of Berlin.

Cheers ;)

Thanks but Postdam would be too far from work.

Cylphide wrote:

Thanks but Postdam would be too far from work.

OK, I found this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin/Bra … tan_Region

Cheers :P

You can use the S-BAHN from Hennigsdorf to Berlin.
But due to the long lasting everyday-problems of the S-Bahn I suggest everybody to have a car, because the S-Bahn is very
dodgy.

cheers from berlin-charlottenburg,
joe

Thanks,
worth considering.

Hello!

Am going to be in Berlin for a weeks soon. I'd like to know how is the area Tiergarten like?

Thank you for your reply (ies).