Groningen?

hi everyone!
i am plnning to get a master at groningen next year.
could anybody who studies there, help me?i would appreciate if there is a greek person out there to tell me his/her point oview in living at groningen!thanks.

Hi,

my experience from Groningen was amazing i must say.
Many people when they look on the map and they see Groningen they freak out because it seems so up North and isolated from the rest of the Netherlands and far away from cities like Amsterdam, the Hague, etc...But that's the thing that makes Groningen unique. It has created a life of its own. Bars and clubs stay open up very late even week days (in contrast with Amsterdam and the Hague). It's a very very young city full of students and young people. This is something that strikes to everyone who visits Groningen. You walk out and you see young people.

It is a small city, beautiful and cozy and because it's small in size (not population) students hang out together. It's not like in a big city where students are lost and so on.

As for the Uni i would say it has some pretty high standards. Its big, many faculties, many buildings, many services for students.

Hi!
Thank you so much for your help.You just made my day.I am a little worried for the exact reason tou mentioned above,because Groningen is far from any other city in Netherlands.Do you still live in Groningen?

Yeah i know...Many potential students ignore that fact but student life, and night life in Groningen is great.

Also, the Uni has a sports center where with 50 euros a year you can do any sport you like and take classes for free.

Plus, Groningen is very close to Bremen where most of us students took the bus to Bremen where ryanair has quite a few flights to European destinations very cheap.

Recently someone told me that Ryanair has started few flights from Groningen as well.

No, unfortunately i don't live in Groningen anymore. In fact in two weeks i am leaving the Netherlands.

what about the studies that have to do with business and economics?
do you know anything about the level of the uni regarding this field?
what did you study in groningen?