Dnt knw about any thing of denmark.

m ahmed frm pakistan got Gree Crad visa nw coming to Denmark.
dnt knw about any thing of denmark.
any one plz tell me
1. wot z a meaning of Long tetm visa  "D Type"
2. expenses of accomodation ( single room)
3. exp of food
4. which city i hv to go wherr i get job easily?

Hi ahmed,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Copenhagen forum.

All the best,
Christine

alran3 wrote:

m ahmed frm pakistan got Gree Crad visa nw coming to Denmark.
dnt knw about any thing of denmark.
any one plz tell me
1. wot z a meaning of Long tetm visa  "D Type"
2. expenses of accomodation ( single room)
3. exp of food
4. which city i hv to go wherr i get job easily?

Hi there,

I'm going to work backwards on these questions.

Work
It is not easy to get a job in Denmark at the moment, particularly if you do not speak at least basic conversational Danish. The unemployment rate is 7.9% at the moment which is the highest it has been for a long time so even Danes are struggling to get work. For example, 400 people at LEGO were laid off in February due to outsourcing.

I would urge you to look at the job listings so you can get a feel for what is out there. Here are some below:

www.jobindex.dk (Danish site but some jobs posted in English)
www.jobsincopenhage.com (for English speaking professionals)

These two sites are mainly Danish:
www.jobzonen.dk (Danish)
www.stepstone.dk (Danish)

I would also encourage you to teach yourself some basic Danish before you come over. Anything to help yourself get a head start would be beneficial. The below sites are for English - Danish.

www.danskherognu.dkhttp://www.loecsen.com/travel/0-en-14-2 … anish.htmlhttp://www.speakdanish.dk/

Food
This depends on where you go. I am not sure how much food costs where you are at the moment but I can do a weeks shopping at Netto with 200-250DKK (c. €25/£21). If you shop in the more expensive places such as Irma or Føtex then you should expect to pay a lot more.

Apartment/room
I am not sure on this one as my fiance had a flat that I could move into. A lot of my expat friends used http://www.boligportal.dk/ when they first moved over. The following websites also have helpful information:
www.expatindenmark.com
www.worktrotter.dk

I'm afraid I cannot answer your first question - perhaps somebody else will be able to.

In addition to all the above, make sure you read through the Expat.coms on this site so you can see the personal experiences of expats here.

Best
Nicola

thanks for great help.
u know why i said afraid?? itz bocz that i m doing job in ma country to left that job and travel to denmark with a to start from zero is difficult thatz why. 
nyway ur info is very very help fo me let me check and will inform u soon.

thanks again
Ammad

I think you misunderstood me a bit, neither you or I mentioned that you were afraid. The word 'afraid' was merely a figure of speech. I hope you find the information useful - I answered another one of your posts where I have posted a link to a live q&a session re work in Denmark which is next week. Best of luck :)