How to find a place to live in Copenhagen

Very interesting informations found in Wonderful Copenhagen facebook page. I share it because I think it may be usefull.

We know how hard it can be to find a place to live in a new city. So we asked around - we asked you - and came up with this list of useful websites for finding a place to live in Copenhagen:

casaswap.com
boligbasen.dk/english
boligportal.dk/en/
dba.dk/boliger/lejebolig/ (Danish only)
boligfinder.dk (Danish only)
boligmangel.dk (Danish only)
flytteklar.dk/lejebolig_udlejes.asp (Danish only)
lejebolig.dk
expatriates.com/classifieds/cop/hs/
copenhagen.da.craigslist.dk/hhh/
roombuddy.dk
cityapartment.dk
visitcopenhagen.com/holidayapartments/copenhagen
copcap.com/content/us/our_services/useful_contacts/accommodation 

Useful stuff when you're moving to Copenhagen:
easyexpat.com/en/copenhagen.htm
foreignersindenmark.dk
translate.google.com (for all those Danish websites, you'll love this translator tool)

And a little piece of advice from some of you:
Don't pay money before seeing the owner, the apartment and signing the contract.
If there's Western Union involved as a payment method - avoid the deal.
Use ois.dk to check the address, building, etc.
If it's a company make sure to check its CVR number on cvr.dk

Hi and welcome on board Leya!

Thanks for helping ;)

Armand

Hei very thankfully for this advice!!!is very very helpfully!!!

wow that is so nice of you

These two websites are fine too :

scandiahousing.com (They are having some issues with landlord recently, but hopefully they should get back on track)
danishhomes.com

You can check for website reviews on trustpilot.com

trustpilot.com/review/
boligbasen.dk

boligbasen.dk has very bad rating by the way, i wouldn't suggest using it.

Also lejebolig.dk is very nice if you pay for the service, they will allow you to find rooms and apartment for cheap prices and send you notification when landlord post a new advertisement.

hope this helps

Hi,
Iam from Barcelona,Spain.Me and wife will be travelling to Denmark in a fortnight.If any room available or someone could please help us find a room.As we dont have any friends or family,so anyone could helps us to find a accomadation will be really appreciated.How difficult or easy to find a Job in Denmark.What are the conditions of jobs at moment in EU Crisis.
Please someone could reply .Thanks a lot.
take care
fred

Hello Fredmcgee,

As any country in the world, it will depend on what you want to do. Denmark has a positive list for example for job on demand. You can consult these jobs there :

nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/work/positivelist/

If you find your job is there, the probability you get a job is higher, but not guarantee, you will need to look for companies.

One thing though life is very expensive there, similar to Paris.

On the websites provided on this post, you should be able to find rooms or apartment for rent at different prices.

Hope this helps.

@fredmcgee -> So as to avoid being off topic, you should start a new thread with your questions on work on the Copenhagen forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply and information.I really appreciate .thank you keanxsoul.
take care.

Hej!

Thanks Leya. As you said it's really hard to get somewhere to live in CPH, and it's even harder for students!! I've already checked most of the websites you mentioned but not all so I'll have a look to them and cross my fingers :)

Tak

Maitane

Thank you Leya. Your information is very useful. :)