For newcomers

Hello,
This information may be helpful for newcomers and for limited income families in Calgary looking for affordable clothing, housewares and furniture. I arrived to Calgary almost 5 years ago and now I realize I could save a lot of money if I had known about these thrift stores.
The Women In Need Society (WINS) runs four thrift stores in Calgary selling clothing, bedding, boots and shoes, small appliances, different types of household items, books, jewelry and more! Furniture, carpets, and fitness equipment is available at the Dover store only (it is the biggest store). Everything sold at WINS thrift stores is in good condition. In my opinion, the best stores for shopping are Richmond store and Fisher Park stores. They are both quiet but have a large selection of goods. Prices are lower than in any of thrift stores.
Everyone is welcome to shop at WINS and the money from thrift store sales helps fund programs which help women in need. They also hold Customer Appreciation Days with big discounts up to 50% off!
WINS accepts volunteers for different stores and locations (it may help you to improve your English!)
Here are addresses:
Bowness Store: 6432 Bowness Rd NW   403-288-4825
Dover Store: 3525 26 Ave SE   403-235-6448
Fisher Park Store: 137 71 Ave SE   403-255-7514
Richmond Store: 2907 Richmond Rd SW   403-242-4969

You may Google and find more information.Hope it will help you.

I have seen WINS via online but I haven't really consider visiting one of its thrift stores. Now that you mentioned it, I am going to look for more information and when the weather and schedule permits I will pay a visit as I have developed a habit of venturing places as learning new things can boost confidence, an essential character for newcomers.

For newcomers, thrift store is a great place to buy stuff for a very low prices. Dollar Store is the first thrift store I've visited and found various items that can fill your house. If you're looking for used, affordable clothes, I suggest scouring the Goodwill and Value Village.

On the contrary, if you have clothes that you're not wearing for quite a while then maybe it's time to let go. Donate them in either Goodwill or Value Village. Such is my plan and I will let you know the outcome.

I do recommend buying in thrift stores. Quality doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg. Do some serious digging and searching and you can find just what you need.

In a nutshell, know where to look and what to spend on.