"Hello" from a (soon to be) new resident of Jakarta

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say "hi" as I will be moving Jakarta to live and work from this summer.  I'm very excited about about getting to know more about the fascinating culture and meeting new people!

Hello Andrew,

Welcome yo the forum and welcome to Jakarta in advance :-)
I hope you'll enjoy your stay there and will learn a lot about the local culture.
Indonesian people are very friendly in general, One of the best way to learn about the country is through its people.

Have a nice day :-)

Annie

hi andrewroberts n sophie fisher..
i just newbie..but iam local person who live in jakarta for almost 15 year since kid.i am agree about the best way to learn bout indonesia is make a friend with indonesia people.hopely u enjoy jakarta

canghonam wrote:

hi andrewroberts n sophie fisher..
i just newbie..but iam local person who live in jakarta for almost 15 year since kid.i am agree about the best way to learn bout indonesia is make a friend with indonesia people.hopely u enjoy jakarta

Hi canghonam,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll make a lot of good friends here :-)
I met so many people thru Expat.com and most of them are now my close friends!

hello andrew, welcome to forum

i hope you will enjoy ur time here, people here generally are friendly, maybe u could join gathering sometimes.

@ annie : dont forgettttt oleh-oleh from korea! haha

hi andrewroberts.. welcome to Jakarta in advance....have fun....and enjoy it, if you want to learn Bahasa Indonesia, please let me know...
p.s. I am newbie.....

welcome to Jakarta in advance and wishing you many great times !

cfirsti wrote:

hi andrewroberts.. welcome to Jakarta in advance....have fun....and enjoy it, if you want to learn Bahasa Indonesia, please let me know...
p.s. I am newbie.....

Welcome to the forum :-)

ochie wrote:

i hope you will enjoy ur time here, people here generally are friendly, maybe u could join gathering sometimes.

@annie: me too me too!! ahaha dont forget bring me something interest from koreaaa!! :D

@Andrew:  Welcome !!1 :)

@ochie: Hi Ochie! :D

ochie wrote:

Just noticed this comment. Haha
Is kimchi good enough?? Lol

chintyaputridh wrote:
ochie wrote:

@annie: me too me too!! ahaha dont forget bring me something interest from koreaaa!! :D

@Andrew:  Welcome !!1 :)

@ochie: Hi Ochie! :D

I'll think of domething for you and Ochie ;)

@ chinthya : Hello! how have u been?
@ annie : please definately not kimchi!! ... hehe gak suka :-p
but must be something otherwise u wont be allowed for landing at jakarta hehehehe

welcome to Indonesia Andrew...

and hi all ... nice to meet all of you here

ochie wrote:

@ chinthya : Hello! how have u been?
@ annie : please definately not kimchi!! ... hehe gak suka :-p
but must be something otherwise u wont be allowed for landing at jakarta hehehehe

So you work at the airport now? Haha
Ok will  think of something :p

catur wrote:

welcome to Indonesia Andrew...

and hi all ... nice to meet all of you here

Hi catur, nice to meet you too :-)

Hello, I'm also newbie here. Wanna make friend with you guys. Have a nice day :)

hello

nice to know you guys!

You move around a lot! Welcome to Jakarta! :) Hope you will like the traffic situation here, hehe.

Hello everyone

I am Newbie here

Nice to meet you, buddy .......@andrewroberts

Hello,
Am Jeyaraj working as a teacher in international school.

good to hear from you. where will you be living? i'm currently in south jakarta. always looking for a drinking buddy.

(moderated: no free ads please)

Hello Im newbie here :), I would like to say hi to everyone here & welcome to Jakarta, Andrew :)

Welcome to Indonesia......... Have fun!  ^^

welcome to indonesia..
hope you will like your stay here.. (do i sound like a hotel manager :P ?)

Yeah.............mam.
Thank you.
Dr.s.s.jeyaraj

Thanks for the friendly messages, everyone! :)

@scott.casey I'll be living in Kemang.  I'll be sure to take you up on the offer of a drink together when I arrive in September...

Hi Hi. You will love Jakarta!

Hi Andrew,
I will be moving to Jakarta as well next month... I would love to meet up and exchange stories?

Sofiefiona wrote:

Hi Andrew,
I will be moving to Jakarta as well next month... I would love to meet up and exchange stories?

Hi Sofiefiona,

Welcome to the Big Durian! I hope you'll enjoy your stay :-)

Hey Andrew, Welcome to Paradise :)
You will love it!

hi @sofiefiona id love to meet and hang out with you too :)

Paradise being Indonesia? or Jakarta? But yes I am sure Andrew will have an amazing experience here.

@lukereg hmmm, Indonesia I guess.. Jakarta? Not so much lol :)

Didn't Guns n Roses sing about a paradise city? I prefer `welcome to the jungle` sounds more apt!

Thanks for the welcome, guys - counting down the days and only a few weeks to go!

@surely & @sofiefiona : a get-together would be great, with anyone else who wants to join too.

Hi Andrew :)
I'm just moving there too.
Would be great to meet up sometime.
I'm in Bangkok then fly out on the 20th July last of my holidays before working again.
I've recently been living in Ho Chi Minh City is the traffic worse in Jakarta lol?

Hi lizzyvn
Great!  I will arrive in late August, so it would be great to meet then if you're still around - there are a few others who have said they'd be interested in meeting too.

Sounds great will stay in touch :)

Hi Andrew, welcome to one little spot of this huge archipelago! I hope you'll enjoy being here. Don't hesitate to contact me if you feel you want to, maybe we could have some beers! :)