Moving to Vietnam soon! and buying a house

Hi guys!

This is my first post in this forum. I'm Nghia, i was born in Vietnam, raised in France, worked in USA and Hong Kong and now moving back to Vietnam in a couple of months :)

I have a questions about buying a house/flat there. On a financial aspect, how is the transaction done? Can i wired the money directly to the owner's bank ? Should i open a local bank account, wired the money there and then wired from the local bank to the owner's bank? Should i pay in USD cash?

I'm clueless :)

Some of the other members can assist you in the transaction but you should first establish that you have dual citizenship.  This will help in your ownership of the property.  Good luck.

Hi Perry,

I hold a french and vietnamese passport :)

If you are still a Vietnamese citizen, you then can buy a house. To buy a house:

1. you should determine an area/location where you want to relocate to (i.e. which district?)
2. how much you can pay for a house?

The payment method will then be decided by you and the seller.

On a separate note, the house price is rather low during the downturn in Vietnam. It is possible to buy a good one now!

Hi Tam,

Thank you for the info. I will look into it.

In the current condition, foreign money has added values.  You have flexibility at your disposal.  Work that to your advantage.  If the seller has a foreign account and you can get the goods there, he/she should give you discounts.  Converting money back and forth costs a lot here.

Hi Wild,

I will keep that in mind. Thank you :)

Hi Pdatoon,

Welcome you back Vietnam for longterm settlement. It is easy to buy house/flat. You can buy in USD or VND. If you need moving your household goods. i can help you because i work for a moving company.
Please leave your message and contact info or you can come into Business direcoty tag and come to moving tag. There our company is listed

Best regards

Alex (Mr)

Dear pdatoon,

I think at this time is the good time for buying a house, apartment or land. In Hanoi, the price is higher than in Hochiminh city. You should to chose which city or province you want to live and work firstly then you can easy to find a house/apartment. If you go to work by car and want to work in Hanoi, you should to buy a house/apartment/villa in district as Long Bien, Dong Anh, Tu Liem because green air and clean environment.

Or you can chose Hochiminh, Danang, Nha Trang, Haiphong...some developed cities, easier for working and business!