Unusual attractions in HCMc

So I'm looking for some interesting ideas of places to visit in or near HCMC besides the usual (Cu Chi, War Museum etc).

Found some stuff I'd never heard of like the FITO museum but was wondering if anyone could suggest anything else?

It doesn't even have to be good, just looking for some strange/different/interesting sights to see and places to visit.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

How about Water Puppet show in 55B Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Dist 1?

It starts at 6:30 PM everyday.

Yeah that one is one the list for sure. Thanks!

Any others?

Have u ever visited Monkey island yet? It's located in Can Gio Dist and around 50 km from center. A advice for u, You shouldnt bring any food to island. Dangerous. Almost monkey is wild and always hungry. Keep your luggage careful. Monkeys are the best robbers. ^^~
Enjoy ur good time in Vietnam

Create Mekong Delta tour on your own. Buy a bus ticket to Mekong ( Cai Be is a good choice), rent small boat to drive along the river then heading to Can Tho. Have more chances to visit Kmer temples which are huge and fabulous. Thats what i will do in the next few months though.

On the 3rd of March, there will be culture festival in Van Thanh where you can taste most of food in VN.

Cheers,

Or you can go to China town in dist 5, Big market in dist 6.

Hi Buzzer,
Tomorrow, you can join in Lantern Festival in Dist 5. It is hold once a year ([link moderated]. To read in English you can use translation function of Google. If you want we can go together. My number is 01223408806.

See you soon.
Tam

How about Vung Tau, Suoi Tien, Dam sen park...If you want a volunteer i will let you go :) I have free time in We, Sat, Sun.. and another time in a week.
My skype is: BkWar_ZhaoYun