Teaching job for fill up some time?

hey guys,

I arrive here not long ago just for practice BJJ, however, other than training I got quite a bit if free time other than training. I am wonder will there be any teaching job available around Rio de Jenario for me to fill up some time and earn extra cash?

I holding a Sport Management degree from UK, and I speak fluent English and Mandarin. 

I wonder if anyone can provide me any direction in this area.

Hi Daniel,

Just depends on the kind of visa you have. If you're here on a Tourist Visa you are not permitted to work while in Brazil.

Having said that, we all know that there are very many tourists who do. They predominantly teach languages either privately or for established schools who aren't really particular about documentation. This means that the income you will receive is extremely low.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

I suppose it still the  same as well if I come from country that don't need a visa to enter Brazil... (Such as Malaysia)... Well what can I say...

Yes, it's the same rule for people entering Brazil from Visa Waiver Program (VWP) or Schengen Area countries who do not need to apply for tourist visas. Work is not permitted.

The only difference for citizens of these countries is that they are only permitted to remain in Brazil for 3 months in a period of 6 months. No visa extensions are given as they are for tourists who have a visa issued by a Brazilian Consulate abroad.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team