International schools in belo Horizonte

Hello! Can somebody please recommend an English speaking school (k-12) in belo Horizonte? Or an international school? That is aside from the American school there, which is way too much expensive!!! Or a good private school will even do.... Please help!!!

Hello Gin621.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Belo Horizonte forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi try The Canadian school- Maplebear I think they have 2 locations in BH

Thanks for your reply. Is that school  from grade school to high school?

I believe that Maplebear is Elementary School level only. You can check their website and contact one of the Belo Horizonte locations to enquire further.

www.maplebear.com.br

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hello Gin621

I am also will be looking for a secondary school for my daughter in Belo Horizonte.  Did you manage to find a good school over there?

Thanks

London2000

Hey, I think that maplebear is a Canadian school, but there is an American school that accepts international students and is very good it's called EABH (escola Americana belo horizonte ) a Brazilian friend of mine went there as a child and she says it's fantastic. I also have an interview there next week!!

Hello!

I'm already here in belo horizonte and my kids are going to Escola da Serra. It's a Portuguese speaking school but the teachers and the students are very accommodating and they try their best to speak English to my kids. Putting them in the American school is out of the question because it's too expensive. Having 3 kids there is way out of our budget. Initially we planned to put my eldest, who is in high school, in the American school, and the rest of my kids (ages 11 and 8) in Escola da Serra. But we figured that the best way to really immerse themselves in the language and culture is to put them in a Portuguese speaking school. We've been here for a month now and so far they're doing good. They can understand the language better than speaking it though, so if you talk to them in Portuguese they can understand but can't really answer yet. So they answer in English... :-)

I hope this helps. Good luck on your stay here!

Gin