Art Classes in HCMC?

Hi all,

I'm looking to take some art classes of any kind whether it is fruit carving, wood carving, egg shell, lacquer, or silk painting and any other sort of visual art that you can name.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could enroll?

Thanks

Christine

If you use the SEARCH function and search using > art classes, VietNam < you will have 447 classes returned many of which are ART.

Yes, I tried that, but if you look at the results none of them are actually art classes.

I was hoping if anyone who is personally taking any classes (or knows anyone who is) could give me a hand.

VIN'S SPACE
4 Le Van Mien, Quan 2, TP HCM
Tel: 0983 377710
WWW: < www.shyevin.com >

Vin's Space is a cosy, intimate, light-filled space that offers artists of all kinds a quiet space to work individually and share ideas and perspectives.

Runs various weekly classes, including oil painting, drawing, figurative drawing and painting, and arts and crafts classes for all ages.

Usernames: Epicurus, sovzie, RSANate have all posted about art. You could send them PMs and inquire.

Leonie Stocker is an art teacher at IGS - International German School, Thao Dien, Street 65, House number 4, District 2, TP HCM
Tel: +84-(0)-8-6281-8784

OUT-2 STUDIO
12/4E Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, District 1, TP HCM

OUT-2 STUDIO
97B Thao Dien Street, Thao Dien ward, district 2, TP HCM

Monday to Saturday: 09.00-17.00

Fine Art Association
218A Pasteur, Quan 3
Tel: +84-(0)-8-2243-0383

The Fine Arts Association of Ho Chi Minh City's headquarters hosts an artists' café, art classes, a small art library and an exhibition gallery which hosts exhibitions by both Vietnamese and foreign artists.

I always encourage people to do searches and when they have tried, then I put my VND5000 worth in.

I suggest you send the PMs first; then telephone and, finally, visit.
One smartypants here in my office suggested starting carving with vegetables to get your skills up.

Unfortunately it seems the era of helping people for nothing has passed, one artist (not listed) would offer his help for USD$150/hour!

Thanks for taking the time to post that load of info. I'll see if these people will know where I can find a carving class or a traditional Vietnam arts class.

I have a fruit carving business back home for special events and while I'm here in Vietnam for a few short months, it'd be nice to learn some new techniques to bring back. But learning an art that the Vietnamese are most well known for like lacquer and eggshell paintings would be just a rewarding.

I managed to find a community centre of some sorts today in D1 that offers a bunch of dance and martial arts classes by the looks of their banners. I didn't get a chance to go inside and ask but I'm hopeful that they have some art classes as well. I'll find out soon enough.

And apparently there's also a school of arts/design academy not too far from me at 5 Phan Dang Luu Street in the Binh Thanh district.

My search continues, but I'm getting closer!

Everything seems to be included in the description "Art Classes" from martial arts, dancing, etc.