Summertime - Xmas in the sun

The Northern hemisphere is getting shorter and shorter days, the winter has come.

Most of you, living in Southern America, enjoy the Spring, and soon the Summer.

How is it to celebrate Christmas in the sun?
Do you give present on the beach? :cool:

When I lived in Africa, I opened my gifts and then my family and I went to the beach! It was really great! :)

I have spen many Christmases in the Sunshine and whilst in Saudi Arabia we used to say we lived on the 'Beach' it was just several hundred  miles  to go for a swim.  I remember spending a long weekend at Half Moon Bay on the Persian Gulf (as a guest of a wealthy Sheik) and My wife was swimming (wearing a two piece swim suit) and the Matawha (sort of religious police) told her that only one piece costumes were permitted there  -  Her response  " so which piece do you want me to take off "

Right now we will have our second Xmas here in The beautiful Dominican Republic.

I think its great to celebrate christmas in the sun!
At least here in Puerto Plata, DR...

What comes to mind, on a more serious note though, is the international style it gets. Most people have relatives far away, so it becomes a mixture of friends/family and more a mixture of cultures and traditions..
Where there is space for each and every one to add their own touch to christmas!

I love it!

My Daughter, her Husband and my grandchild Adrian - Whom I have never seen - arrive here  from SPAIN on the 14th December.  Can't Wait!!

It is strange walking along the beach in the blazing 90 degree sun on Christmas.