Recycling and rubbish collections

I've always been happy that Brussels was so ahead of the game in providing domestic recycling collection services from the early 90s, and am sorry that the recent reduction in such services seems to be a regressive step.  We are a family of 5, and produce a lot more recyling rubbish than any other kind.  However, the recent halving of dedicated recyling collections, with no change to the general waste collections, will mean that we are having to store more plastic and paper over the 2 week interval.  I am also concerned that it gives out precisely the wrong message - discouraging people from separating out their recyclables, and perhaps reverting to throwing more away in the general waste.  I'm no eco warrior I fear, but do believe that every little helps!  There may of course be more to this than I am aware of.  Any thoughts?

what to want to say, u are not promoting recyciling ?

I hoped they'd do more recycling, not less.

It is untrue that collections of recyclable rubbish are being halved, the number of collections remains the same. Blue and yellow are now collected on alternative weeks, meaning you will put out twice as much yellow every 2 weeks, twice as much blue every 2 weeks. At a guess, this change is based on economics / efficiency of concentrating on one type of bag at a time, both at initial collection and later at the sorting centre.

We're a family of 6, we produce a maximum of 3 yellow bags every 2 weeks, 1 blue bag every 2 weeks, 2 white bags every 2 weeks. I cannot see the problem storing the yellow and blue bags and I wouldn't even think to put recycling into the white bag, firstly because I'll be fined and secondly because it's giving someone the unnecessary job of removing my recyclable rubbish at the sorting centre. There are easy things you can do to reduce your recycled rubbish like buying goods which are not in plastic containers (no bottled water, no coke etc, just drink tap water!!!). I crush all the plastic bottles to get more in the bag blue, I compact card paper for the yellow bag. Storing a yellow or blue bag extra per week is really not very much space lost, especially if you fill the bags to capacity and efficiently.