Unique get-together of members!

There's a project going on, on the French-speaking side on organizing a huge get-together of members to exchange and share. The idea is to invite member English speakers to join in a unique gathering where all Expat.com Dakar members from all walks of life can meet in Dakar,share and socialize. So please, tell us what you think about the idea of you participating in this event which is charge free, should take place at a well known location or open space yet to be determined. Members are to coordinate to determine location,date and venue.

Cheers

:up:

That's a great idea. I'm ready.

Sounds great. Let me know when. Prefer March-May. Flying from Atlanta

Welcome on board,faye027988 and ddagencylv; members are proposing Lagon 1 site for a first meet one Saturday or Sunday afternoon;so let us know your preference; maybe you could join the forum on the French side. Sorry ddagencylv our hope is to hold the first gathering well before March or May! But I'm sure there would be plenty occasions for you to participate once  ur in Dakar. Just keep in touch with the community site

Cheers.

GlobalFlyer

I believe your idea is plain genius and would allow to all to get to know each other on a relaxed environment.

The best day of the week to truly enjoy Lagon1 is Saturday afternoon from 3pm till 7 pm. On top of that

The lagoon provides access to a private beach to all clients on the weekends.

With the genuine hope that this event will effectively take place soon, please be assured of my participation

And will also come with people and potential future members if allowed.

Respectfully.

Hi Osmotik,
I do share same concerning Lagoon 1; one Saturday afternoon would be most appropriate. About ten people have joined and ready to proceed. Now, let's agree on one date (either Saturday, Jan. 27 or Saturday February 2, as from 3 p.m.). Could all participants confirm their choice.

Cheers

Dear GlobalFlyer

For myself, I would rather if we could organize it on Feb 2nd as it fits better into my personal program.

Am I allowed to bring people at this event?

Dear Osmotik,

Of course, you can bring as many people as you want; but it would be more fun and easier to interact with other members through the community website if only to introduce themselves, make friends and contribute some inputs if they so wish, before a physical contact during our get-togethers!

Cheers

GlobalFlyer

Hello mate.

I am pondering the thought of bringing a DJ to the gathering on the second, please let me know what you think of such an idea and we shall organize the venue accordingly.

Did you already take the attach of the Lagoon1 to let them know of the opportunity?

If you didn't I can try to see what can be done on my end regarding that aspect.

In the hope to obtain a prompt and positive feedback from you.

Respectfully.

Osmotik

Hi Osmotik,

Yeah sure, you can bring a DJ?!I've not yet liaised with Lagoon 1 as participants had yet to confirm their selected date. So far, many have confirmed February 2 for the event so I guess we will have to go for that. A list of potential participants will be published by Monday or Tuesday so that we have a clear idea of the number of confirmed participation. Once that list and proposed date get the green light then you can proceed to contact Lagoon 1. Hopefully, you'll give me a feedback on that. My cell is 77 731 32 33. May I have yours to expedite preparations
Cheers

Hi all,

Here's the list of those who have confirmed their participation in the February 2,2013 get-together at Lagoon 1. For those listed, kindly confirm your participation following publication of this list. Of course,new participants are free to add their names ...

1)faye027988;
2)osmotik;
3)miss_keila;
4)referenceur;
5)cheikh coca;
6)abdouaziz;
7)momo;
8)natross;
9)ELKASSE;
10)globalflyer.

Cheers

Hi all,

Since all but one member on the list of potential participants above confirmed their participation in the Feb 2, 2013 get-together at lagoon 1, the event has been postponed...