Breach of lease

Have a one year lease of studio apartment...owner is extremely nice however...pool not functioning, water pump goes out, security (as indicated) non existant..only glass sliding door with key lock...grounds have a gate ..no lock no guard!  All other apts have bars. Promises next week etc typical Can I break my lease or are there too many legalities here.  Thanx

I might be worth contacting a lawyer for a consult.  What does it say about breaking a lease in your rental agreement?

Bob K

Leases are broken all the time BUT there can be consequences.  Does your lease stipulate the services THEY  must provide?  IF they have broken the lease, document it and get out if you feel unsafe.  Otherwise,  you are going to need to consult a good lawyer. What area are you in?

Playa Chiquita...no security bars as indicated in lease" security provided, pool, water water for drinking, internet, cable....we were never given code for internet, bought a stick, lived two weeks with screens on windows...no security guard no bars on door only glass patio door with key lock!

mjnorr wrote:

Playa Chiquita...no security bars as indicated in lease" security provided, pool, water water for drinking, internet, cable....we were never given code for internet, bought a stick, lived two weeks with screens on windows...no security guard no bars on door only glass patio door with key lock!

Sounds like a good place to get out of!  Does not sound safe at all.