House painting cost

Anybody have an idea what a painter costs in sosua area, need to repaint interior of house in casa linda, four rooms and some framework quoted 1800 dollars by my management company, seems awfully high, also where can i buy stackable washer dryer and approx cost?

HI Peter,  Bob will weigh in on this shortly. He just had his place redone in Sosua! So he will have first hand up to date info.

You can get stackable washer dryer in Santiago at  - Pricemart,   Plaza Lama, and a few other places.  If I remember correctly they were close to 1,000US - 40,000 to 44,000RD.

OK you can do it cheaper for sure.  Did that price include materials (cost of paint)?  We just did the entire exterior of the house and multiple rooms inside done. We paid for materials and labor for two professional honest hard working painters at $50 a day. For what you are wanting to do your  cost should be in the $700-900 range. And I don't think it will be that high.

For stackable washers look at Lunares (hardware store) in Cabarete, or Corpio or la Sirena in Pureto Plata.

Let me know if you need more info.

Bob K

Thanks for the information guys.

You are welcome.  Keep us posted.

Bob K

Just wondering what is it going rate for a painter in the souse Cabarete área? Just a small two bedroom apartment would probably take him half a day but I was just wondering what the cost for labor is average.

This is a really old thread. Best to open a new one.

I recently had mine done as well. About $600 including materials. One word of caution. Painters here tend to be messy and dried paint left all over patios, sidewalks, gutters, trim, etc seems to be acceptable. Stress to the people you hire that you won't accept this kind of work and to buy some drop cloths and painters tape.

Painters are a lower skill base so 1000/1500 rd a day. Probably a few tubs of paint c3500rd each plus materials so say 15k rd for a two bed apartment as a rough guide but add expat premium to double/triple that or more.

I am a master on home decoration, satin plaster paint, I would like to open a small shop if I come to the interior and exterior.plz contac me my wassap number 00XXX

Moderated by Julien 2 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Welcome to the forums but please don't post personal contact info!