Hello! UK couple thinking of moving that way!

Hi all,

My names Simon. I'm a Paramedic working for the NHS in the UK and my wife is an A&E Nurse also working for the NHS.

Last year we visited Vietnam during our honeymoon and fell in love with the place! Esp HCMC. Before we settle down with growing a family we are toying with the idea of working in another country for a while - not a perminant move, just something else to do with life!!

I've had a look around on some Vietnam Job sites and it seems like there are oportunites for my wife to find employment, but my role as a Paramedic in the UK seems a bit unknown of and doesn't fit into the current healthcare system.

Are there any medical people on here that may be able to help me out with some advice? Or some contact details for hospitals that I may be able to contact.

Many thanks for reading!

Simon

There is a posting, on another web site, listing all the search engines covering VietNam. I will send it via PM to you.

The important thing to remember, as a Foreigner, only children born in this country and Viet Kieu can use the VNese education system.

Your wife, and likely you, will have to get a licence to practice from the Ministry of Health, Ha Noi (submit all professional qualification documentation, plus application, plus 2 photo's).

Plenty of 'A's (in the A & E) over here.

They do have a medical evacuation system over here, somewhat ad hoc, using old rustbucket Russian helicopters in the North and fixed-wing in the south.

Not sure whether they use doctors oor nurses in the process.

All require VNese language, which can be tough learning.

... fell in love with the place! Esp HCMC

Stay here a while and you will find the cure for that!