German language classes

I have just moved to Munich and have very basic German,
Can anyone help in were to find a decent language school or teacher, I work mon fri to approx 7pm so weekends would work great

Hello alisonfyfe and welcome to expat-blog :)

Have you already check our "classes" section, in classifieds ads Munich?

Might help.

Melissa

Have you considered a skype class?  This is becoming popular with the mums at our international school.  If interested I can provide a name and contact info.

That sounds great fits in with my time free as well no doubt
thank you

I grabbed these two recommendations from our school's parent forum.  I hope these help.
Brooke

Inge Williams 0151 5308 4933 or [email protected] 
Private Tutor

Skype lesson--First lesson is free. His name is Wael and you can reach him by e-mail. [email protected]

Ask at your local "Volkshochschule", they usually have classes in all levels and at all times at very reasonable cost.

I have but due to the hours I work there is no classes on my free days and no way am I paying 50 euros up an hour for private lessons unless they travel to me

So, you want flexibility on the timing of the classes and you don't want to travel to them (which basically rules out group lessons), but you don't want to pay for a private teacher?
I am afraid you will have to make do with English then.
But with your attitude it should be easy to conclude that German is not worth learning anyway ...