Child benefits in Hungary

Dear all,

Greetings!

I would like to know about the Child benefits in Hungary.
What is the eligibility to avail it? I mean , all who works in Hungary can get this benefits for their children ?
What about tax benefits?

I would be great if you could provide me details (with exact figures)

Thanks,
Sumu.

I heard that is tricky if you just arrived in Hungary and you are not long term resident. Also if your wife/hubby is not Hungarian is not so easy to take the maternity allowance either.

This is a link where you can read more:
http://www.allamkincstar.gov.hu/english … gulations#

However, having a baby in a country which is not the parents' passport home, can raise questions regarding the nationality of the baby.
So, in common with the rest of the E.U., a baby born to foreign parents on Hungarian territory is Not entitled to Hungarian citizenship. Normally, under the  nationality heading on the birth certificate, ‘unknown' or the nationality of both parents is written, as the passports of the newborns parents will need to be presented at the hospital in order for the birth certificate application process to begin. The  parents then must apply for a passport, report of birth abroad (and sometimes a social security number) from their own embassy. It is recommended they contact their own embassy for specific details on the process particular to their own country. If the family has legal residency in Hungary the child will receive the same automatically.