Will a Part-time degree be valid for GC scheme

Hi,

My name is Ashok, I am planning to apply for a green card. I have got 7.5 in IELTS, and also have 6 years of experience as a software developer. I hold a Masters degree in computer science (3 years of masters degree), I browsed many and many sites but could not see whether part-time degrees are considered for GC score, as mine is a part-time degree.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,
Ashok R.

Hello Ashok.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am not a qualified person to answer your questions as I have never gone through that application procedure - however I would like to comment that I do think your MSc will be considered the same regardless of whether it was done part-time / distant or whatever.

Scandinavian countries emphasise much on flexible education - e.g adult education in which people can upgrade their skills - e.g reading, Mathematics, IT for all age groups. Moreover, you find tons of evening courses and other flexible learning methods.

You have an MSc just like everybody else - and if you scroll through the university courses in Denmark/Norway you will find that some courses offer degrees done part-time and some modules are offered as distant education.

Thanks for the information. It is useful to me.