Moving to Nice.

Myself and my girlfriend are very serious about moving to Nice next year, possibly about May time. We currently live in Dundee, Scotland.

If anyone can give any advice regarding moving over, jobs, adjusting to life etc... Would be greatly appreciated.

We're both currently learning French, but are pretty much beginners. We're looking to obviously have it at a good standard before moving over too.

I am a musician, and have been looking at possibly playing in bands in bars or working in bars. I don't have any contacts in Nice so I'm finding this greatly difficult at the moment.

It would be nice to build contacts with expats who live in Nice, any help/advice that anyone could give I would be forever grateful.

Thanks,

Ciaran.

Hello Ciaran.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market and Visas in France.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you, Aurelie.

The information is greatly appreciated :)

Hi Ciarin,
There is quite a large community of us living in Nice.  So feel free to ask as many question a you like :).

Maybe try and secure accommodation before May as the prices go up considerably when heading into the peak season, then they drop again for winter. 

Let us know what other info you would like :)

Ok, thank you very much I appreciate the advice.

What necessary requirements do you need for working in France? ie. Work Permits etc.

Where are the best places on-line to get speaking to expats in Nice?
In an ideal world I would like to have work, accommodation sorted before we move. We are going to be travelling around Europe before finally coming to Nice. It's first time that we've lived outside the UK so are very anxious, but also very excited.

Thank you.