Playing chess

why there is no Chess Club or Chess Center in HCMC?

Let's start one. I love playing Chess outdoors drinking iced coffee and having good conversation.

Message me if interested.

I'm in!

Guys, please keep posted here! I am not a player, but my son (16yo) is a good one! He needs a challenge ;)

Yes, me too. I love to play Chess :)

Hey guys, long time no see! Are you playing somewhere? What about next Saturday in D1, for example?

let's start

interested too...

This Saturday, 9th Nov, 14:30 in the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, corner of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and Pasteur? Would you come? :)

Sounds good, I'm in. I only have chess pieces and no board. (long story)

my number is 01264615737

Cool! Will send you the phone number in pm.

Anybody else coming? ;)

Hi, How to meet n 'fight':>?! I like to play chess, too!

Sure, come along to Coffee Bean this Saturday! :)

Hi, just got an sms from BritViet - he said could not come.

As noone else confirmed, let's postpone to another time.

Sorry I had to cancel.

I am free this weekend after 12pm and all weekdays.

Let's build a club and lots of people will follow...

The weekend 17-18 Nov is not good for us.... Let's try the next one!

Hi all, this weekend seems to be short notice... WHat about the 1st of Dec, around 15:00 somehwere in D1?

I am in :)
I have no plant tomorrow.

lybichngoc wrote:

I am in :)
I have no plant tomorrow.

lybichngoc, I would liek to do that on the 1st of December, not tomorrow! :) Is that OK?

Yes. See you all in 1st Dec. Long time no play chess :)

Hi chess-lovers,

i like to play chess, but do i have to be a member?
I can play 'normal' chess and chinese chess.
-sonny-

Hi all chess lovers!
We will meet this Saturday 1st of December at 15:00 in the MOJO CAFÉ on DONG KHOI, 88 Dong Khoi · Ho Chi Minh City  .

I did not book anything, but usually we can find places on th 1st floor. Let's come and see how many we are! :) Send me a private message to get my mobile number. ^)

BritViet, lybichngoc, expat2be, I count on you ;)

mojosaigon[.]com

Hi all, I'll try to join too, such a long time i got away from chess, so may not able to play well :-(

learn wrote:

Hi all, I'll try to join too, such a long time i got away from chess, so may not able to play well :-(

Sure! See you soon! :)

sorry....
i would really like to join... but cant

got a big flu

maybe next time.

Hi all!

Have had the first session yesterday! :) We were 4, but only 2 were playing ;) And it was quite a fight, I must say! Hope to see more people next time!

Hi guys, anyone wants to play? And if yes, when?

Hi! Do you have a chess clock? I don't play long games...5 mins or 10 mins is fine with me.

rada10 wrote:

Hi! Do you have a chess clock? I don't play long games...5 mins or 10 mins is fine with me.

Yes we do! :cool: (only one though but know the place we can buy one for 500kVND)

can you give me the address where i can buy the chess clock... thanks a lot ...

hope we can play as i'm always busy working even sat and sun

rada10, you can go to the sports shops at Huyen Tran Cong Chua street, you have a range of the shops along about 200 meters and you can buy the sports articles over there, including the chess clock!
Cheers,

Andrei

Thanks for the info.....by the way if you are available on wednesday (Dec 19) 7:00 pm to 9:pm, we can play in district 1.

thanks again

Sorry! missed your reply!

What about the weekend?

Andrei HCMC wrote:

rada10, you can go to the sports shops at Huyen Tran Cong Chua street, you have a range of the shops along about 200 meters and you can buy the sports articles over there, including the chess clock!
Cheers,

Andrei

Exactly the name of the shop is Quang Hung for you to find more easily (I was there today).

Hey, are you guys still meeting up ? I also love playing chess.

Hey, quite a long shot but hopefully you're still in Vietnam.  I'm currently based in Ho Chi Minh City.  I'm looking for someone to play chess with.  Let me know if you're interested.

I am still in Vietnam, but not for long though. However, I'd love to play anyone anytime.

Count me in guys!...Are you going to meet up this weekend?

I'm in