Living Cost and good salary in Ulsan

Hello everyone,

I am interested in a teaching job at University of Ulsan. The salary is 32 K per annum in American Dollars. Is it good salary ?

The University will provide a flat in its campus at a low rent. Nothing is said further.

My question is how much will I be able to save from around 2000$ per month ? Will it be enough for me and my wife? Please give me a a rough idea for a family of two persons. Later, if my wife also gets a work, it will be good.

Many thanks,

t

Hello tweezew.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll soon get some responses from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

thanks Aurélie.

hope to have some feedbacks. :)

t

Hi. Tweezew

Ulsan is my hometown. I know quite well about Ulsan.
The yard workers in Hyundai ship plants get roughly more than 7000 dollars.
It srure is rich city.
You can live with 2000$ but not much saving. (if you just stay at home, then it will be diffrrent story)
Besides everage korean income a month is $3,000.

Hi 32k US is a good salary when you don't pay rent. You might struggle to save 2k a month, probably 15-1700 sounds a bit more realistic. That being said I am a teacher with the same working conditions although I get a little bit less, but manage to bank around 1500 a month. This still includes eating out often and the utilities are cheap. All really depends on your lifestyle. If you're into partying and bar hopping in the evenings and weekends then expect not to save a lot.