Need information about salaries , cost of living and visa

Hi,

My name is praveen I am from India
I am chip design engineer. I got the job in seoul south korea and planning to move to seoul

I have few queries i hope i will get the answers :-

1- How much salary is good enough for a couple to live a descent life with few add on's like:-
*Hatchback or sedan car
*1BHK or 2BHK rented apartment(furnished)
*2-3 times eating outside in some Indian restaurant , Even at home only self cooked vegetarian food.
*Saving of 2500000 won/Month(Approx 2500$/month)

2- Please tell me areas and websites too where i can find good apartments with reasonable rents.?

3- If i need to call my parents from India which visa do i need to apply and for how much duration they can stay?

4- Please give me some idea how much tax in seoul do i need to pay on 90,000$/Yr salary ?

Thanks In Advance
Praveen

Hello Praveen,

Seoul is not that expensive as long as you're cooking your meals and you're alright with managing your money.

For the type of lifestyle you've mentioned you can easily live on $2,500-$3,000 per month.  As you mentioned that annual package is around $90,000, you would easily able to save around $4,000 a month.
I have seen bachelor people living on less than $1,000 per month.

Taxes are usually, 12-14% in Korea, however, once you leave Korea you get around 4-6% back as your severance pay & other allowances depending on your contract.

If you' re looking for a nice furnished apartment, then you would better rent a place in the outskirts of Seoul, it depends where your job location is since housing will take the most portion of your expenses.

For searching house, you can use Craisgslist or just search them and you'll easily find tons of English speaking real estate agents.  If your dates and location is finalized, I can also send you some contacts for searching a place if you want.

I hope that answers your query.  Good luck!

Hi Amit,

Thank you so much for your reply.
whats usually the rent of 1BHK furnished apartment in seoul and outside seoul.

Actually the address is Sinjang-dong, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea , please tell me the rate of rent and standard of living at this place if this is different than seoul.

Thanks
Praveen