Looking to rent a scooter/motorbike preferrably in Phu My Hung

Hey Guys,

I am looking to rent a new(ish)scooter/motorbike preferably from someone living in Phu My Hung area.

If any of you happen to have one available (Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda are preferred brands) please do let me know.

At this stage I am not interested in purchasing one.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Netslider.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can post an advert in the Vehicles section in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds. It can help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Netslider,
I don't know any places in PMH with motorbikes for rent, but there are probably other contributors to this forum who might know. I am currently renting a Honda. If you don't get the answers you're looking for, send me a private message and I'll tell you where I rent mine.

Hi Saigonmonkey,

Thank you for your reply.

I might have just found what I was looking for. I used to rent from an agent here in Phu My Hung, but I think the price was twice the normal - so I cancelled after 1 month.

I am on the way now to check out another place. We ll see how it goes.

There are three advertising currently in the OhuMyHungNeighbours Group currently.

If you are renting for over a week, it's advisable to pick up an insurance policy in your own name as it might keep you out of lock up in the case of an accident.

They can be purchased for around VND50,000 depending on Third/Fire or Comprehensive. Most decent gas stations have Reps during weekdays.

QUOTE: "I used to rent from an agent here in Phu My Hung, but I think the price was twice the normal". 'Nuff said, says it all about PMH!

Jaitch wrote:

QUOTE: "I used to rent from an agent here in Phu My Hung, but I think the price was twice the normal". 'Nuff said, says it all about PMH!

Doesn't just happen in PMH, I have had people tell me about rental prices they've paid elsewhere who were charging twice the going rate.
Soon put them in touch with a more reputable supplier.

laidbackfreak wrote:

... 'Nuff said, says it all about PMH!

I was referring to twice the going rate.
This is the price people pay for living in PMH - Foreigner inflation rates worse than Q1 Tourist rates.

The small size bottle of water (bought by the case) is VND1,470 wholesale - and people pay VND10,000-12,000 retail? Nuts.

Jaitch wrote:
laidbackfreak wrote:

This is the price people pay for living in PMH - Foreigner inflation rates worse than Q1 Tourist rates.

The small size bottle of water (bought by the case) is VND1,470 wholesale - and people pay VND10,000-12,000 retail? Nuts.

Have you waled around Q1 tourist areas lately? The price of water there for a small bottle can be as much as that!
As I said it's not just a PMH thing, its a foreigner\tourist tax, not like we don't know it.

What's nuts is once you're aware of it to carry on paying it.

laidbackfreak wrote:
Jaitch wrote:
laidbackfreak wrote:

Have you waled around Q1 tourist areas lately? The price of water there for a small bottle can be as much as that!
As I said it's not just a PMH thing, its a foreigner\tourist tax, not like we don't know it.

What's nuts is once you're aware of it to carry on paying it.

Assuming you are single and here by yourself - - -
Easy fixed - - take the time to look around carefully, make friends with someone who's been here a fair while. Go to Expat group meetings, etc. not a bar at night by yourself. :rolleyes:
Take your time and find yourself a good, caring, loving VN partner - You'll NEVER regret it and as a small extra bonus - she (or he if you're female) will make sure you don't get ripped off for water or anything else !
:lol::lol::lol:

Call this number 098 3955935 (English). His business in PMH and price is reasonable.

[Moderated]

Jaitch wrote:

There are three advertising currently in the OhuMyHungNeighbours Group currently.

If you are renting for over a week, it's advisable to pick up an insurance policy in your own name as it might keep you out of lock up in the case of an accident.

They can be purchased for around VND50,000 depending on Third/Fire or Comprehensive. Most decent gas stations have Reps during weekdays.

Jaitch,

I tried to get a policy in my name but they told me they can only issue it in motorbike owners name. Is there a different plan I should ask for?

Parmyd wrote:

Jaitch,

I tried to get a policy in my name but they told me they can only issue it in motorbike owners name. Is there a different plan I should ask for?

Write / print
Your name
Your address
Plate number
Engine capacity

Go to almost any decent sized gas station (the one on Hai Ba Trung just above Nguyen Thi Minh Khai is good). Park your motorcycle and ask the pump attendant for the insurance office.

Don't talk about ownership or ownership card - say they are in Tay Ninh or something. Maybe that is shy I have no trouble, I just say to the woman 'Khong Viet'.

At the gas station mentioned above it is a sie office on the forecourt, on the left, with two women in it.

There are two prices - get the higher one around VND80,000.

The insurance agents only work weekdays.

Also carry the motorcycle owners insurance with you - if the owner says there is none get the cheaper policy (fire/theft) in his name.

Never had a hassle, I even get my insurance a couple of weeks before hand to ensure continuity,

[Moderated]

[Moderated: Communicate by PM pls]