Moving to Rio in 2 weeks!!

Hello...

My name is Steve from London.  About to move to Rio for the forseeables, and although very excited - Languages are not really my strong point, although fully determined to jump in the deep end and learn.

However, this is not going to happen overnight, so I am hoping to meet English speaking ex-pats in a similar situation as me, who will know their way about town.  Cant wait to sample the local bars etc, but would be much better to hook up with somebody who know the ropes.

Drop me a line

Enjoy

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Expat-blog, you'll love Brazil I'm sure - after all, we all do!

I'm a Canadian who has been living in Brazil for over ten years now. During the years I have lived in several Brazilian cities, Manaus - AM, São Paulo - SP, Belo Horizonte - MG, Porto Seguro - BA and now I have recently moved to Macaé - RJ which is about a three hour drive north of Rio.

I learned Portuguese back in Vancouver before coming to Brazil, became fluent in 7 months, through a lot of study and many hours online. In the ten years here I have perfected my fluency to the point where I do complex translations and also teach the language to other foreigners. If you have Skype and are interested maybe we can set up some classes to get you on your way with the language. Have a look at my webpage, you might find it of interest.

www.nativeenglishidiomas.yolasite.com

In the meantime, follow the link below to find one of my postings which will give you a head start on the learning.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

Unfortunately my cellular phone has just bitten the dust so the number shown on the site is temporarily out of service, so you can contact me either at the e-mail address shown or message me here on Expat-blog if you're interested.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Pretty cool man. Gotta learn the language. What do you do in Brazil? And are you going to be a citizen?