New friends...? (:

Hello there! The name's Taylor and it is perfectly lovely to meet you.

I'm a 22-year-old who will be moving to a small village just outside Geneva on August 11th to work as an au pair, and I would love to start making some friends now. I like people, and definitely need adventure buddies.

I myself am a little bit nerdy -- I love sci-fi shows, especially Doctor Who -- and like to read and write in my free time. I toe the line between very feminine and a complete tomboy, and am a connoisseur of both classic rock and gelato. I'm pretty fascinated with the world, so there's a really great chance you and I have some overlapping interests somewhere. I'm definitely adventurous, and would really like to find a mate/some mates to go kicking around Europe with on the weekends, both in and out of the cities. Alternatively, running around Geneva and getting to know the city would be lovely, too.

I'm really pretty awful at these introductions. If you're in the area, hit me up and we'll have a proper conversation. I promise I am very nice and will not be half as awkward as I am in this post (:

Hello Taylor.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I am sure you will meet a lot of people here.

Aurélie

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

Hey Taylor

i too have just moved to a small village just outside Geneva ( Archamps on french boarder)
Im here for work and arrived this week.
How have you found it so far?
have you managed to get out and about yet?
I have not had a chance at all as been really busy with work.
let me know how your getting on
Ross