Advice Please!

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice....

I came to stay in Ghana last year and paid 6 months in advance for a property. Due to extenuating personal circumstances, I had to leave to return to the UK at short notice, three weeks after I moved there. When I asked the landlord for the remaining money back that I had paid in advance he refused. He told me that I would have to find someone else to rent the property and then I could have my money back!

I tried to do this once I returned to the UK but with no luck. I have requested the money back on many ocassions but again - no luck!

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how I can get my money back..... all ideas gratefully received!!

Many Thanks

Did you sign a contract with the landlord? If you did I don't think you will be able to get any money back.
If you take on a contract to rent a property for a length of time then it is your problem if you can't stay in the property. If you didn't sign a contract then perhaps you can find a lawyer to see what you situation is.

Thanks for your post hkann.

Yes I did sign an agreement but it is not very detailed so may be worth getting a lawyer to look over it.

Thanks again.