Expat blog gathering in Aberdeen - Wed 15th Aug - 6.30 pm

Anyone up for a 'coffee/drink and gather' here's the details:

Venue:  sopranohotels.co.uk/bistro/

Date:  Wednesday 15th August

Time:  6:30 pm

I will need to know the numbers so I can reserve a space there for us and let you all know where at Soprano's we will be.

If any of you would love to meet up, but cannot make this date and time, again, just let me know.

Would be great to meet up, hope to see you soon :top:

Of the 25 of you that viewed, does no one have anything to say?  :blink:

Hello gowiththeflowUK.

Great idea! :)

I hope other members will soon join in.

(Thread sticked)

Hi AurelieZ, thank you and so do I, but as we both know, these things can only be successful if people respond, participate and commit.  So, let's see if this is needed, if not then great, it means the Aberdeen group has already integrated and bonded :).  Anyone can private message me if they do not wish to respond in the open forum.  All are most welcome, will look forward to seeing them soon.

hi,

All the best for your initiative. even i am travelling on the same boat here in chennai forum(India)

people are not responding

lets wait and watch

cheers
sandy
enjoy living

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Anyone up for a 'coffee/drink and gather' here's the details:

Venue:  sopranohotels.co.uk/bistro/

Date:  Wednesday 15th August

Time:  6:30 pm

I will need to know the numbers so I can reserve a space there for us and let you all know where at Soprano's we will be.

If any of you would love to meet up, but cannot make this date and time, again, just let me know.

Would be great to meet up, hope to see you soon :top:

Hello everyone, just to check in on you all to confirm we are still meeting up this Wednesday and really looking forward to meeting you all.  The address and contact details of Soprano's Bistro is noted below.  Just turn up around 6.30pm ask at the Bar for Maxine Smith, I will be just there, but the bar staff will point me out to you:

Soprano Hotels
Merchant Quarter
18 - 22 Guild Street
Aberdeen
Aberdeen City
AB11 6NF

Telephone: 01224 589411

I would so love to be there but they just pulled my husband in to work tomorrow and I don't have a sitter. Kudos to you for the initiative and I hope to make the next one xx

Hi All,

Already pm'ed Maxine but confirming here as well - will do my best to swing by and say hi!

misses_ski wrote:

I would so love to be there but they just pulled my husband in to work tomorrow and I don't have a sitter. Kudos to you for the initiative and I hope to make the next one xx

Hey misses_ski it is a shame we will miss you later, but as you say, 'next time' :)  Thanks for responding and keep in touch

Whisky wrote:

Hi All,

Already pm'ed Maxine but confirming here as well - will do my best to swing by and say hi!

Thanks Whisky, got your message on pm, hope you can pop in even if just to say a quick 'hi'!  :)

sandyhr4u wrote:

hi,

All the best for your initiative. even i am travelling on the same boat here in chennai forum(India)

people are not responding

lets wait and watch

cheers
sandy
enjoy living

Hi Sandy, thanks for sharing our pain :rolleyes:, fortunately we got a few responses now and it looks like a few people will be coming along tonight.  I am no quitter, so will arrange a few more anyway as it looks like the intention is to like a meet-up it is just to get everyone at the same time.  Will let you know how it goes, you keep on with your meet-up, keep the faith :)

Hi all

Our first meet-up took place last night, thank you to Verka25 and to Whisky for pitching up and spending a few hours.  Sorry for the venue being so damn hot and for the company gathering when we first turned-up (they said nothing of that when I booked)!  Still, it was great meeting you and chatting, getting to know each other.  Whisky, Ian says plug in anytime if you want to 'bounce' the vocational choices, he is happy to lend any guidance or share experience. 

We decided doing something for the next meet-up and Bowling was the decision.  I will do a separate posting for this and will also set up a fb page so we can expand to the broader Aberdeen group.  I will pm you all the link when we have it up and running, will be looking at end of Sept (details to follow) :)

cool,

finally you made it. nice move, im happy atleast few of you folks met together

enjoy living

cheers
sandy

sandyhr4u wrote:

cool,

finally you made it. nice move, im happy atleast few of you folks met together

enjoy living

cheers
sandy

Thanks Sandy :top:

Thanks Maxine again for getting it all started! Hopefully we get more expats to participate as the time goes by.

And cheers to Ian for all his help and advice. Will make sure to give him a shout when I feel lost with the choices!

Looking forward to meeting up soon - after my exams this time :)

hi  am searching for an ukranian teacher in aberdeen named Ivanka she is 28 yrs old approx.born on Oct 1992 searchin for her seriously does anyone have an idea to help ?