Golf in Gauyaquil

My husband and I live in British Columbia, Canada.  We are considering retiring in Ecaudor.  We both love to golf and wonder if anyone could give us information about the course in Gauyaquil - in particular prices and condition of the course.

Hello mason36.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can post an advert in the Classes section (Sports classes) in the Guayaquil classifieds. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Almost all golf courses in Ecuador are private.  I have never played the one in Gauyaquil but I have played at the three private coursed in Quito.  I suspect the prices are the same.  Of the three in Quito the most expensive is the "Quito Golf and Tennis Club" in the north part of the city.  Beautiful club but expensive.  $10,000 to $15,000 to join and $450/month to use.  Arryannes is next and is marginally cheaper.  The best value and the most beautiful club is Los Cerros which is in the south of Quito.  Right now they will let you join for $2,000 for two years, and $180/month.  Other wise you can buy a membership from one of the exsisting members and your monthly amount is $350.00.
The best thing to do is meet a member and try to get invited a few times a month.  Green fees for guests are $35 - $50 per round.  As I said I do not know the specifics of the course in Gauyaquil but I do not expect that it will be any less than the clubs in Quito.  I have heard that it is a beautiful club and well worth playing.  Hope this helps.  BTW, I checked out the page the admin said to go to and that is not where you want to post your request.  This is the correct page.

John

[moderated: no free ad on the forum.]