Just moved here from NYC, Now What?

Hey guys, as the title says I just moved here fron NY. I've been here for two months so far and have gotten a feel for the area but am starting to get a little bored. So far, I only know Saudis here. While I love my Saudi friends, they dont share my affinity for nightlife. I figured I would join up here to see if there were any guys/girls who meet up around here.

A little background on me. I dont live in a compound...I have my own house right by the Porsche dealership off the Khobar-Dammam Highway. I moved here to help my friends run a company that modifies exotic cars. I manage the shop during the day and do all of their photography/social media work. Cars, Photography, and music are my life. If you like one or all, I'm sure we'll get along :D

I'm Cooper by the way

You can join a meet up that other members organize here if you want to meet new frieds... I am into photography too and that it catches my attention when I read the word photography in your profile... :):):)

Anyways, maybe we can arrange a meetup sometime so you can meet new friends in Khobar. :):):)

Yeah would love to meet up with some other people from the area. Maybe check out one of these compounds I hear so much about.

I would love go get some great street photography shots as well. I shoot mostly exotic cars and it would be a nice change of pace. Have a link to your portfolio?

I still don't have a specific area in photography... I take pictures of anything that interest me... here is the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/eragonbrisingr

Hello there! and welcome to the desert!

I am not much into photography, but then cars are an area of interest to me alright! :D

Send me a PM with your number and we shall see if we can meet up or something.

Where is everybody here from?

[Moderated]

Hi Cooper!

What! you moved from Ny to HERE??? WHY???

sorry I do not mean to sound rude LOL It is just very interesting the REASONS why we come to Sauid..........

Nassie

well nessie, its probably basically the same reason as the millions of other expats come to saudi for.....A Job!

Why I asked this question is because Saudi is such a "last frontier'...... MY reason is because I REALLY want to get to know the Middle East THEREFORE I applied for a job here and I was very specific: I wanted to work for a SAUDI ROYAL FAMILY. Their lifestyle and the history of the Royal Clan is fascinating reading and living (:0)material.

I think in a way I am protected against the harsh realities of the day to day life here in Saudi? I think I might have a few more privileges cause of my work as a Manager(being a woman as well) that women in Saudi do not have merely because of their gender. I am allowed to wheel and deal with men on a one to one basis because somehow being a MANAGER I am seen as GENDERLESS LOL!!!! OUCH!!!

I have been wondering if their is anybody out there who also work for a Royal Family?

I would like to "compare notes" (alas not in like telling it all) to get a little more insight and understanding of their lives/protocol/etc......

Tx

Actually there are a lot of women (many expats) in managerial positions throughout Riyadh, at many hospitals that I know of (sorry, don't know anybody working for a royal family but I DO have a story from a friend of a friend that I'll share via PM, if you want).

Yeah.......... share..... LOL

I came here from Dallas, Maybe we can discuss old times Cooper.

hey there... i am expat here and i am interested in meet ups... please let me know when guys u r gonna meet..

i am daniel    mechanical engineer

Alliecat wrote:

Actually there are a lot of women (many expats) in managerial positions throughout Riyadh, at many hospitals that I know of (sorry, don't know anybody working for a royal family but I DO have a story from a friend of a friend that I'll share via PM, if you want).

there are half a dozen at Reem circuit. i was impressed

How is the feeling of Saudi dust here as a New Yorker! Interesting choice...

try to visit Bahrain during the working days....
It is not far from Khobar.... it is about 40 minutes drive...