Hello from New York - Moving to Valencia in September!

Hello all

Starting a new chapter!I am planning to retire and relocate in Valencia by September and need to find an apartment, preferrably in the Patraix neighborhood or close.  Any suggestions for renting an apartment?  This is an exciting adventure.
Last week I visited the Consulate in New York and the gentlman who assisted me was very cordial and helpful.  I showed him the letter from my physician and income verification. I asked if they need a letter verifying fingerprints or could I have it e-mailed from an agency. He confirmed that the results must be submitted in letter form.  Now all I needed was my fingerprints results and translation which is a bit costly.    He even went as far as returned with a sample of the fingerprint letter with the apostille.  He also gave me a list of possible translators.  He was very helpful. I went downtown and had my fingerprints taken. This process took less than an hour and they also gave me a date to pick up the letter in 10 days! Wow....So far so good.
Now with most of the paperwork done I've been looking for apartments by have had no luck.  Any suggestions? 

Enid

Hi Eeny and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Valencia forum for better visibility.;)

Have you tried to post an advert in the section Housing in Valencia? It may be helpful.

Harmonie.

Thank you Harmonie! I'm trying to navigate my way around and I thought I had posted something in the housing portion but maybe not.
een