Virgen Del Remedio - purchasing property

Hi everyone.
I attended a Spanish property show in England yesterday and thre was one agency promoting apartments in the anove district that seemed very reasonable priced.
Now Iknow if something is cheap there are normally reasons.
Is this district of Alicante a ' bad ' district?
We are possibly looking for an apartment at least 2 beds to buy that we can.lock and leave that will be safe in a traditional area , not bothered about it being on the costa or having a pool maybe somewhere to store a motorcycle !
All comments / advice welcomed
Dave

I live in Virgen de Remedio where I rent a flat. Properties are cheap in the area for a number of reasons. First it is about 30 minutes from the centre. Second, it is not the absolutely worst of the suburbs but it has a bad reputation amongst Spanish people - I think by and large it is undeserved. It is basically an in your face working class poorish neighborhood with a large immigrant community. It is very near San Vicente de Rasberg which has a quite nice shopping centre and there is also a very nice park nearby. It is well connected for public transport. It depends what you want - if you were looking for smart V d R is not it. For an evening out I go into the centre. Having said all that, it is authentic, but I'd be careful about the area you buy in.

Thanks for your help.
Is there a guide anywhere that you know of to the diferent districts.

Dave

Not aware of one but look at places like Benalua, Carolinas Baja, Florida, Campoamor.