What is your favorite place in Cairo??

Being in Cairo for along time, makes you prefer to visit certain places many times.
So what is your favorite place to go in Cairo??

itŽs probably not the nicest place but it is my favourite, i like to walk along El Gamaa bridge at night in the warm months.. ;)

aligirl wrote:

itŽs probably not the nicest place but it is my favourite, i like to walk along El Gamaa bridge at night in the warm months.. ;)

That's a good place & I used to walk there by the way :)
I like Heliopolis are after 2:00 AM & Maadi before midnight.
Do you like Maadi?

Departure lounge at the airport.

good news :D

I love khan el kalili, the crowded shopping areas.. the pyramids, temples and the country areas.

wow, it seems that you knows every thing about Egypt, but I think you should visit Elmo'ez L-din Allah El-fatmi St. in Old Cairo.
also you should visit Coptic Cairo (old Cairo area as well)
and if you need any advise regarding any place in Egypt please ask me.

not everything :-) i still have not seen all the temples and places. yes i think you are right i would enjoy that. thanks

amr_moro wrote:

wow, it seems that you knows every thing about Egypt, but I think you should visit Elmo'ez L-din Allah El-fatmi St. in Old Cairo.
also you should visit Coptic Cairo (old Cairo area as well)
and if you need any advise regarding any place in Egypt please ask me.

9 street in maadi :)

Garbage City

where ?

gar what ?

Burnside wrote:

Garbage City

:lol:

Burnside wrote:

Garbage City

Probably you quoted the place you have been living :D

I am not Egyptian but possessive about Egypt I do respect the place that gives me shelter.

Burnside wrote:

Garbage City

Brave Heart, why you still living in the Garbage!!! :D

alimirza wrote:

Probably you quoted the place you have been living :D

I am not Egyptian but possessive about Egypt I do respect the place that gives me shelter.

Burnside wrote:

Garbage City

dear Ali, some people do not know what is the meaning of (respect) so this is normal, don't bother man and enjoy your stay. :D

maybe Burnside means that you can visit Garbage city (place of the zabaleen)?

:D

one mans trash and another mans treasure :-)

opera , meeting with kinds of  people( egyptian and foreigner ) - and  city stars:cool:

did u try the Mokkattam View
its not a fancy place but indeed such an amazing view

For 6th of October City Citizens, they might agree with me that the nicest place is Delush in Sheikh Zayed and CoffeeShop Company :)

mmm I am glad that no one mentioned the Pyramids (I love it of course) but Egypt is not the Pyramids, it is really beautiful & there are many places to visit, but we need to make it better, and do something for our country, why dont we learn from the expats in Egypt? I did not see any one throwing a trash in the street but I saw many Egyptians doing that, lets start with our selves and make our country clean, so no one will describe it as a garbage city as mentioned above in the replies.

Burnside wrote:

Garbage City

http://www.ape.org.eg/TakeAction.html

We are located in the heart of Moquattam garbage village

TSL wrote:

Departure lounge at the airport.

LOVE IT!