Work In Murcia 2012

Hi , I am moving to Murcia at the end of July, and i will be looking for part time or full time work. My partner already works in the Murcia area, and has done for the last 18 months. Myself and my daughter will be moving over to be with him, we have a school sorted for my daughter and we are taking property on from the 1st June, i have been working in sales for 8 years, but also have experience in bar work and waitressing, i could clean and will also consider key holding. I can forward my CV to anyone that would like to look at me, and if you need more details of where i am based , please message me. :)

Hello nickynic206 and welcome to the forum!

I invite you to post an advert in the section Jobs in Murcia, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

thank you

Hi, I've been living in Spain for almost two months and I am desperately looking for a job. I live in Murcia city,I can talk English, a little grasp of Spanish though my native language is French. Has someone any idea how to look for a job? A bit of help would be appreciated =)
Cheers !

Hi nano07, have you tried to post an advert in the section Jobs in Murcia?;)

Harmonie.

Why dont you guys get together and see what business you can form

Hi Nicky (and everyone), Bonjour Nano

I am more or less in the same boat as you two: have moved from Auckland to Murcia, following my husband, who has taken a position here.

Unfortunately, I speak no Spanish, but I hope to learn fast, and I am fluent in English and French.

As I have spent almost half of my life abroad, I am extremely adaptable and a fast learner: my previous experience spans from teaching, to research, to various aspects of IT, desktop publishing, office administration, etc.

However, I have no idea what sectors hire in Murcia, and in particular who would give a job to someone who barely starts to speak Spanish. so it is somewhat difficult to come up with a career/job searching plan, at this stage, and any hints would be most welcome.

I would not mind starting a business, either, but, again, I have zero knowledge of the local business environment.:o

(moderated: off topic)

I guess that with the present crisis, it could be an idea for anyone looking for work, to advertise their services where people would be searching in different languages. ie, an English business looking for an English speaking book keeper?

I personally think that there will be many new "self employed" people, making an effort to start out on their own. Maybe this will also make the existing businesses realise, they can't take everything and not give anyone else a chance.

I'm all for entrepreneurial ideas, maybe this is what Spain needs, to recover from the mess it's in?

As an English ex pat, living in Spain, I have found that it's almost impossible to find what I'm looking for. Even many of the local people don't know where the nearest service or supplier is.

Hello have you ever thought of organic farming

hi a word of advise..be legal.. since the economic crisis in spain more than 20 english teachers have been caught and stopped by hacienda and the local coppers.many british and americans even spanish advert classes english online but they never pay income tax irpf. they are here legally but they need to pay income tax.my mate gary had an ad on tusclases or mundoads or sometihng like that and boom..he got a call from a lady then at first meet she asked if he could provide a bill to her. he said no and she said she was hacienda.he didnt go to jail  but it was scary..if youre going to teach clean or wahtever do it on the high.rajoy is  a raging bull and wants to get money.

Hey......My name is Thomas, and I am looking for a job on the Costa del Sol, Valencia or Barcelona. Any kind of job have my intrest.
Have been trying to find a paid job at the dog shelters in Spain, but no luck yet...

On a daily basis I work as an addiction counselor, but need a break from that and new challenges. Feel free to contact me on [email protected]

Best regards

Thomas Jensen

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Old thread + drop an advert in the jobs section please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Learn Spanish. It's the only way. Loads of work available.