30 day vaporetto pass

I plan to spend a month in Venice and have heard that there is a 30-day vaporetto pass.  I can't seem to find out any info about it online, i.e., price and application procedure.  Does anyone have any information about this?

Hi ladymbl and welcome to Expat.com!

Francesca

The Vaparetto for tourists is an expensive enterprise!  6,50 € per ticket. There are 24 hour and 48 hour passes also available but also expensive. In order to qualify for the reduced fare monthly pass you must be in possession of an IMOB card. This card is designed for residents but can be had by anyone for 40€. The card is valid for 5 years. This card allows you to take the Vaparetto for 1,20€ each time. This is only basic information but more details about how and where to get the card can be found on the website if you google "IMOB Venice Vaparetto" (sorry, can't remember the URL). I was there for 3 months and didn't know about the card right away and by the time I figured it out, I calculated it just wasn't worth getting for myself since I very rarely took the Vaparetto. But on my next 3 month stay I will likely get one from the start and use it more often.
I heard that there is a new hop-on/hop-off Vaparetto service for tourists. I heard it is meant to reduce turnpikes of tourists using the public transportation system. Any got info on this?