Looking into moving to Panama--need help

Hello all, I am a 19 year old from Louisville, KY.  I am looking into moving to Panama.  Anyone have any good ideas on where to live in Panama.  I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment in a town that you can travel by bike or walk to most things.  I also want it to have a night life.  Also how do I get a visa to live there or work there?

Panama has long been the prime choice for retirees, second-home buyers,students and property investors alike. Today you can still find apartments in sought-after areas of Panama City for $80,000 and live well on $1,200 per month.
Panama was the winner for six years in a row of International Living magazine's Annual Global Retirement Index. Modern Maturity, Conde Nast Traveler, AARP Magazine and MSN.com all praised Panama as the best place to retire. The New York Times recently compared Boquete, Panama to California's famed Napa Valley.
British researchers have released a survey called the “Happy Planet Index”. Designed to measure life satisfaction, life expectancy and ecological footprint, Panama ranked fifth in the world. (For comparison, the U.S. came in at #150, and the U.K. at #108!)

Alexander Castrellón
[moderated: no free ads]

Everything you want is there. Just bring $ 300K to put in the bank to get an investor visa; that's the only way for you at this point.

Or marry a Panamanian girl, ideally one with money. But on the long run, that may be more expensive than the lost interest on the $ 300 K and more headaches too.

You could also come as a tourist and leave every three months for 3 days and return. That generally works good if you're self employed (Internet) or work for a company that doesn't care about your immigration status and pays you outside their official payroll.

Of course you'll need decent Spanish skills and an nice apartment is at least $ 1000 a month.

My recommmendation: come and have a look first.

Thorwald

Hi,
I have been traveling, living part time and investing in Panama for 10 years. I think someone your age would like living in Bocas del Toro. There are actually a variety of visas you can get including ones where you can invest less than $300,00 way less. Talking to a good attorney helps with this. For starters, just go for 3 months. If you like it you can leave the country and get your passport stamped, then come back for another 3 months. If you know the right people you can rent an apartment for as little as $150/ month. More likely you will find one for $600 to 700 when you don't know the locals. Bocas is a small  island town but has quite a bit of night life for young folks as well as great beaches, food and surfing. Hope this helps

I would like to have some more info

panamathor

Thorwald Westmaas

please contact me

[email protected]