I want to know about life in Santiago. I am planning for immigration

Hi.

Just want to know about life in Santiago. I am planning to immigrate there in 5 months or less. Is it a good choice to start a life?. I have a very close friend that lives in the U.K might come along. But it will take him a year. so I'll be heading there first. And how much money do you need to live a good and stable life there while having fun between once and a while?. I am dentist and I am planning to go there alone and start a new path in my life and work there. So please I need some answers and some general knowledge about the place.

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in replying to you my  password stopped working and I have been unable to access the site,all is ok now!

My partner and I came to live in Chile from the UK in 2006.We have just finished building a house in the Elqui Valley in the Fourth Region and we have a blog describing what has happened to us with links to useful information sites at greenchilegardens.com  which is linked to Ex-Pat Blog,have a look it could be useful for you.You can contact me via greenchilegardens or here.

I hope all goes well for you.

best wishes

Patricia Gara

Is that all there is? Or maybe there are few people in Chile who have an interest in the Expat.com.  I am also looking to to immigrate to chile but if I can't find enough feedback on what its like to live in Chile, I might not even want to bother coming to explore the country. 
     I like the outdoor sports like fishing, and hunting and backpacking but seems like nobody ever talks about it.  Some countries are crossed off the list because of their backwards policies. Is night life and the bar scene the only thing that is important to expats?  What types of freedoms do Chileans revere and what are they striving to attain?  What type of rights do property owners have?  Can immigrants own land permanently?  Is political speech open and free?  Mexico doesn't allow it among non-natives.
     There is a lot to talk about so, if you live there, or have lived there, how about writing about it?   I just want to know.

I assume that you speak fluent Chilean Spanish. If not how would you be able to be a licensed dentis?

that person can work as a propper dentist here as long as he passes the exams he doesnt need to speak chilean spanish i know many people that make a work life and a regular life with no spanish at  all. well about santiago in my experience living there for 2 years it was awful for me the air is really polluted the living its crazy and too much night life and robbery for my type of live, as for the person asking about political liberties well everyone here can have their own opinion no one is repressed as far as i can tell for not being chilean, and about owning property as long as you have to money to buy it i dont think theres any obstacles for that either.

as for living here i would recommend the country cause it has great places for outdoors life i myself currently live in the country near concepcion that is the second biggest city in the country there you have all you need and at a 30 minutes distance the sea, country and woods not a dangerous place either and not boring, if you like the night life and the risk then stgo might be the place for you, if you need any other opinion let me know by pm