Teaching English in Indonesia

Hi,

Indonesia is one of the countries I am thinking of going to after I end here in Vietnam in June. I am an American from the West (accent neutral) and I am looking to work in a big city like Jakarta, but I'd go elsewhere too.  Where are good places to look for jobs (like websites, forums, etc)?  Also, any advice on living in Indonesia?  If anyone wants help if they are coming to Nam, I'd help them too.  Thanks!

hi, i plan to open a preschool in jakarta, are you interested in being the marketing, and english teacher? i do not need experience, all i need is willingness to work hard. you can email me at [email protected].

littlesunshine00 wrote:

hi, i plan to open a preschool in jakarta, are you interested in being the marketing, and english teacher? i do not need experience, all i need is willingness to work hard. you can email me at [email protected].

Perhaps you could publish details of salary, working conditions and if you will provide a work permit/visa or not.

The basics for teaching in Indo.

You must have a work permit and visa - That should be provided by your employer.
You must get a police report (SKLD) but report at your local police station within 24 hours of moving into a house here.

Salary varies from a poor Rp5 million/month at the worst of the language mills, hangs from 10 million up for inexperienced teachers but goes up to "you need a rocket scientist to work out the numbers" salary in very expensive schools.
Minimum wage in Jakarta is (Must check) Rp1,200,000.

That gives you an idea of lifestyle.

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, it's been helpful!:-)

we will provide working permit after probation period. the salary depends on experience .
you can email me directly at [email protected]

Thats technically illegal to offer a visa after the probation period. If you get raided he can be deported or fined, or even imprisoned. Thats not really fair for the employee. How long is the probation?