CIGARETTES

Hello
I'm due to visit my family in a couple of months {ENGLAND}, Freinds and family keep asking me to bring them cigarettes home.

IS THERE A LIMIT TO WHAT I CAN TAKE THROUGH THE AIRPORT?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF CUSTOMS SEE THAT I'M CARRING LETS SAY 20 SLEAVES OF CIGARETTES?

Please advice!! Dont want to spend money if ploblem getting them through the airport.

Many thanks IKE F

i think cigrattes should be totally banned from the face of the earth

That's beside the point @shahidraj. Thanks for your contribution anyways.

Anyone has an idea about custom rules about cigarettes?

You can take a lot, I'm sure you will be ok with just a few people requesting, a friend of mine brings back 1300 I think whenever she goes away. But just check with customs is the most sensible thing to do then you cant go wrong, and dont forget to declare ;)

Just as a data point - you can bring 1 carton (200 cigarettes) into the US duty free.  Anything beyond that is subject to duties.  I am sure there is a similar rule for the UK.

Here is a link to the rules for the UK.  I hope this is helpful.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving … gnoneu.htm

its defiantly only one carton allowed.
any more you will pay customs.
but you can smuggle it though lol

if u go through Heathrow u r  only allowed to have 2 cartons ( kairs) ... i guess u r  going through  manchester airport.. sumtimes they don't cheek how many cartons do u have ...

in september i'm planning to go there through  man airport and i'll  take with me  4 cartons 4 my friends..   2 in pack-bag with me and 2 in the luggage bag ..

the link provided answers your query... nice one from houstonian!

houstonian wrote:

Just as a data point - you can bring 1 carton (200 cigarettes) into the US duty free.  Anything beyond that is subject to duties.  I am sure there is a similar rule for the UK.

Here is a link to the rules for the UK.  I hope this is helpful.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving … gnoneu.htm

I can't vouch for anything but I thought I'd share some experiences.

My dad's a heavy smoker so we usually carry a lot of his cigarettes when traveling. When we went to the US last august my dad brought 18 cartons with him. But then again, there were six of us on the trip and we packed three cartons per luggage. They didn't open any of our stuff though and didn't ask any questions.

My dad's going to the UK for ten day trip in a couple of days and he's bringing three cartons with him.

If you don't declare it and somehow get caught, you could end up paying a fine though

how many cigerettes are allowed to bring to Saudi Arabia?

i think as many as you want, since there are no taxes here
but i'm not sure though.

unlimited - of course not possible.
can u tell me how much a pack of benson & hedges cost there ?

rizwan2000 wrote:

In England? About SAR 35 per pack.

rizwan2000 wrote:

Don't get them from wherever you are planning to !! Its very cheap and easily avialable here....

"Smoking is Injurious to Health"

it cannot be cheaper than pakistan !!!! how much it cost in riyals ?

rizwan2000 wrote:

Definitely not costlier than your health !! Anyways, Sorry no idea about the exact monetary value, but I heard its dirt cheap !!!

is there any restrictions on qnty at Saudia Customs?

rizwan2000 wrote:

6 SAR. But it's considered a substandard cigarette in KSA unlike Pak. Not because of anything else rather than it tastes bad as climate is different. You'll change I bet like i did :):thanks: Abu_Adel for highlighting the typo
alimate=climate :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:
rizwan2000 wrote:

6 SAR. But it's considered a substandard cigarette in KSA unlike Pak. Not because of anything else rather than it tastes bad as climate is different. You'll change I bet like i did :):thanks: Abu_Adel for highlighting the typo
alimate=climate :)

Thanx dude ;)

I hope to quit smoking once in KSA, but now I told myself "just one more cigarette with TLL" (who gonna pay the coffee ?)

Abu_Adel wrote:

Thanx dude ;)

I hope to quit smoking once in KSA, but now I told myself "just one more cigarette with TLL" (who gonna pay the coffee ?)

No worries, we'll plan quitting together; holding a coffee cup in the right hand and a glowing cigarette in the left :cheers:

Wrong smiley but better than nothing = :sick

And yes, coffee on me!

nobody answered my main question i.e how many cartons are allowed to bring through customs at Riyadh?
Of course every smoker knows the disadvantages and risks and luv to quit 1 day !!!!!

See reply#7 by @waltta. He smuggled 4.
In fact Saudi customs are not that keen about such things unless you surprize them with 10 or more cartons.

If I were you, I'd take 5 cartons & distribute them in bags.

6 SAR. But it's considered a substandard cigarette in KSA unlike Pak. Not because of anything else rather than it tastes bad as climate is different. You'll change I bet like i did

@legend leads: Thanx for the advise of 5 cartons to bring ill follow that. also advise the replacement brand u personally switched due to climate also tell me which brand u were using before and where.

That's personal choice bro.

Back in Pak (KHI): Gold Leaf >> Rothman >> B&H

In KSA :
B&H [for 2 months] >> Marlboro White >> Marlboro Red [that caused chest heavy 24/7] >> Marlboro White >> Davidoff One.

Next will be 'Adieus-to-Addiction' ISA :)

thnx for the info bro. this will helps since i m also coming from KHI

TheLegendLeads wrote:

That's personal choice bro.

Back in Pak (KHI): Gold Leaf >> Rothman >> B&H

In KSA :
B&H [for 2 months] >> Marlboro White >> Marlboro Red [that caused chest heavy 24/7] >> Marlboro White >> Davidoff One.

Next will be 'Adieus-to-Addiction' ISA :)

lol.....Thats too intinsic information !! I Left it around 6 yrs back.... :)