How far is khobar from the train station?

We found the holiday inn at half moon bay to be pretty amazing (according to the pics online).
Wed like to take the kids by train. Approx how far is half moon bay, khobar frm the train station??

Half Moon beach is 40km away from Al-Khobar city. The train station is in Dammam.

So going by train then would not be advisable if we want to stay in this particular hotel???
Do u perhaps know of any hotels close to the beach and train station??

Your plan is cool; travelling by train and then staying in the Holiday Inn Half Moon beach. I suggest not to miss out anything.

The Half Moon beach is a distant place. There are no hotels like Holiday Inn around.

If vewing the city of Al-khobar is not important, you may take a taxi from Dammam rail station to Half Moon beach.

The only drawback is this suggestion is that Al-Khobar city will skip from your tour.

so how long is the drive from the train station to half moon beach then?
sorry for all the questions but ur help is surely appreciated!

it is 33km from the station to the 1st part of half moon bay have a look here on the route i got from google maps

http://g.co/maps/dsjvz

hope this helps

Thanks @R80GS'er.

Desptite trying hard, I couldn't recall where was the train station in Dammam :rolleyes: (I live in Riyadh)

good old google maps or i also use NAVTEQ map24 they are prety good for locating places. that and my GPRS i'm sorted and happy to go anywhere i need in the KSA.

one idea you could hire a car here for your stay then your free to go where ever you want in the area instead of paying out for a taxi every time.

they can deliver to the hotel or maybe even the hotel have a good deal with a company

just a thought

i live right next to the train station. its like a solid 30min drive to the halfmoon bay from there. there is no car rental office at the station but the parking is full of taxis who will charge you A LOT! make sure to bargain and dont be afraid to low-ball them. as soon as they see youre a foreigner the prices seem to be marked up a few hundred percent!!

Thanks everyone!!!

hello Mr.Princess sunshine,

what date would you like to have your trip , and how about the time..?

just to you know there is resort there. match batter than hotel.

good luck,
Mahdi

Yes please pass the details on.
We thinking maybe we should get something closer to the train station seeing that we not going to be hiring a car

@ borntobemild. Which hotels would u recommend close to the train station and preferably on the beach?? A pool at the hotel would be nice too!

Park Inn Khobar is only a SAR20 taxi ride from the beach / station / Shopping malls/ etc

Have a look at the Park Inn website for the latest deals.

Sir Princess sunshine,

I want more details about your trip, like where do you living right now .. so I can be in the picture. I can be your tourist guide. and arrange to you a good schedule if it suitable with my time table

have a good day ,
Mahdi

Mr. or Sir Princess sunshine??? :mad:

Looks weird, no?

Ops, am so so sorry I haven't notes that ,  you right I have to right lady , but it's o.k we are in Saudi Arabia every thing is wrong .

and for you Madam Princess sunshine, just feel free when are you ready about my offer. it's nice to help you to have fun
have a good day ,
Mahdi

You want to take the train to Holiday inn in Half moon!!!! i never heard of a train that goes by to that area. the only routes i know is from dammam to Riyadh Passing by Ibqaiq, Houfuf, and ras Taunura. The train station would take roughly 30 minutes trhough the high way and i do know where it is located, asd i have used it to go to Riyadh a coupke of times. Everything looks nice in pictures it is good but you should try to choose a good time where there are less people and very busy weekends. hope this helps even if it is 8 months late :P

yes , that what am have sad , you can came to Dammam for example and I can make up for you, you know give you a ride .

THERE IS NO TRAIN TO HALF MOON !!!

you should check again with the person or whoever told you about the train.

faisal999 wrote:

THERE IS NO TRAIN TO HALF MOON !!!

you should check again with the person or whoever told you about the train.

:lol: Naturally everyone just goes through the last 2/3 posts and reply.

Who claimed that there is a train that goes RIGHT to the Half Moon beach?

Rather, @Princess_sunshine knows that half moon beach is 30-40 minutes of CAB driver from Al-Khobar and almost the same from Dammam.