Tawuniya Insurance Claim

I have had full insurance (al-shamel...i think) on my car since i bought it in 2009 from GM . Street kids in my area have scratched the car with what looks knifes and blades and the scratches go deep into the paint coat and are all over the car . I made a call to a tawuniya office and they said I could an insurance claim (as it comes under partial theft ... I guess) but they told me I need to get a police report of this and only after that will I get the claim . I have been to police stations all over (they kept pushing me from one station to another) and when I finally reached the police station that handles these sort of problems , the people there told me to come back if I had an accident and told me to go away , making hand gestures . Not only was that an embarrassing situation for me but very rude and this is how I am treated after working more than 30 years in the Kingdom (but I won't get into that..... not now) . How else am I supposed to get the insurance claim if the police do not cooperate ? . I will not get it fixed on my own as it costs around SAR 6000 for a full repaint (which I will need since the scratches go deep) . Any help will be highly appreciated .

It is easy you are doing the wrong thing.

Don't need to go to the police station, actually they have to come to you, Just call the traffic police any day when you have time, saying that someone has scratched your car in the night, they take their time but in1-2 hours they will come and make a report for you.

But as you have insurance, you don't even need to call the traffic police, just call Najm insurance 920000560, they are unified accident inspection service that acts on behalf of traffic police, he will come and assess the car and then give instructions on how to proceed.

Normally after you get the report, you have to visit first the police mechanic or GM repair to make an evaluation or just ask Tawuniya they will guide you on what is the best way. If there are any other questions, let me know

And btw don't feel sad about the way they treated u at a police station, its due to 2 reasons, firstly I don't think the government offices around the world are renowned for their mis-treatment of public, secondly I would assume that the reaction came because of your lack of Arabic skills. Now if after 30 years in Kindgdom you are not able to speak Arabic fluently, I don't think you are respecting them as well.

Thanks for the quick reply . I called najm . The guy inspected the vehicle and said that he will not make the report and said it was a police matter . What do I do now ?? As for my Arabic skills , I have acquired enough to get things done over the years .

Maybe you can call the police and report the vandlism and they will come out. Maybe worth a try.

Can some one provide Tawunia Dammam claim office address/ location

You mean this branch?

https://goo.gl/maps/aXMH2JzhU6z

@ Flaminski > Thank you for your contribution but this topic is very old (2013) , i invite you to participate on more recent threads. :)

Have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers: