Where is a good place to get a used car inspected & serviced in Khobar

All,

Just moved to Dhahran last week from Canada. I got a position with Aramco, however, I know nothing about Saudi.

I am currently looking at some compounds in Al-Khobar and will need a car to get ot Dhahran main compound.  I have three questions:
1. When getting a vehicle, can anyone recommend where to get it inspected?  I am thinking about getting a Toyota or Nissan.

2. Can you recommend a reliable mechanic or service shop?

3. Besides Armaco's and this forum's classifieds, is there anywhere else that is worth while to look for getting a used vehicle?

Thanks
Majesus

HI Majesus,

It is a great time to buy a car in Saudi right now as many expats are living Saudi Arabia. I would recommend you to go to a place called Haraj located in Dammam to get cars cheaply. It's the biggest used car market in eastern province.   

If I am free, I wouldn't mind to assist you. Please don't hesitate to contact me.

i suggest you go and buy new car, cars are not expensive here, but service and maintenance are expensive, so better you buy new one, do not pay cash, chose your limit and spend few days and inform us what car you will buy, as every company has different service level, i suggest you buy Mazda.
good luck

Would a new jeep be a good choice? And is it possible to by it with installments from the first month of employment?

1. When getting a vehicle, can anyone recommend where to get it inspected?  I am thinking about getting a Toyota or Nissan.

There are many places to go to get a service or inspection but here its not always you get what you pay for. When you buy a car new or used you will most likely get a warranty with the car, the warranty company will give you a selected amount of garage you can use. I suggest you go to each one and then judge for yourself, do not expect the same service as back home.

2. Can you recommend a reliable mechanic or service shop?

Haven't found someone I would trust on my Camaro yet other than to do basic stuff.

3. Besides Armaco's and this forum's classifieds, is there anywhere else that is worth while to look for getting a used vehicle?

On the road out of Dammam heading to the airport there is a huge area with thousands of cars. This is where I bought my car, you get new, used and classic cars. You will surely find something here.

moteebkh wrote:

i suggest you go and buy new car, cars are not expensive here, but service and maintenance are expensive, so better you buy new one, do not pay cash, chose your limit and spend few days and inform us what car you will buy, as every company has different service level, i suggest you buy Mazda.
good luck

Cars are not expensive? Based on which countries?

Compared to UK and U.S the cars are a lot more expensive to buy.

aakwaqf wrote:

Would a new jeep be a good choice? And is it possible to by it with installments from the first month of employment?

My friend just bought a Jeep, they are decent motors and at times you can get very good deals from United motors.

You will need 3 salaries in your bank before you can get installments.

Thanks. I'm getting my first salary through check. Could I  keep with two later bank salaries. Or it's irrelevant?

Welcome to ksa .👍
I think you have to buy new car its not very expensive 👍

They will want to see 3 salaries in the bank.

So basically you need your Iqama to open a bank account. Then you need to wait for 3 salaries into the bank.

Was a pain for me. Took 3 months to get my iqama. Then when it came I missed my salary cut off. So was 4 salaries not paid into bank.

7 months then I was able to get a car.