Anyone want to share accommodation/ have space?

Hi, (As-salam 'alaykum)

Is anyone interested in sharing an apartment somewhere in Riyadh?  I am a very clean individual, and teaching (English)the Preparatory Year at KSU.  I'm looking to see if anyone wants to share accommodation - an apartment or something.
The person(s) I'd like to share with should be very clean, male, a non-smoker and responsible. 

Please message me if;
- you have a spare room (w bathroom) that I can rent
- you are looking to find a place with someone else

Hope to hear from you,

Hi Britisher,

You should have a look at the Riyadh classifieds > flat share, house share section and post an advert there as well.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi Christine,

Thank you for the direction;
I just introduced myself here (click).my intro

Hey! Are you still looking for a place? I just moved to Riyadh yesterday and I'm looking for a shared place as well.

I'm on the same boat,I've been here for 4 days and would like to start looking for accommodation ASAP. If there is anyone up for a flat share I'm in! If we can get maybe 3/4 bdrm and all chipping in we might end with a really nice place to stay.

Callum

Callum wrote:

I'm on the same boat,I've been here for 4 days and would like to start looking for accommodation ASAP. If there is anyone up for a flat share I'm in! If we can get maybe 3/4 bdrm and all chipping in we might end with a really nice place to stay.

Callum

That would be awesome. What's your budget and which area are you looking at?

My budget is a measly 30,000 SAR/year but I have seen some 2 beds for 60,000 and 3 beds for 90,000 etc.

I'm looking at North Olaya area, near the Riyadh Galleries

That works for me, although 30,000 is towards the higher end of my budget. any idea if these places have basic appliances such as a fridge, air conditioners, washing machine, etc?

That's fine, ideally find something a bit cheaper. I would certainly expect somewhere semi or fully furnished but like I said I've only been here for four days so I'm no expert...

Sounds good. I'll pm you my email address so you can reach me directly.

You guys need to read the EB classifieds.  There's a guy there named Mohammed who frequently has villas to rent.

thanks i'll check it out

Callum wrote:

My budget is a measly 30,000 SAR/year but I have seen some 2 beds for 60,000 and 3 beds for 90,000 etc.

I'm looking at North Olaya area, near the Riyadh Galleries

Hey there....I live close to Riyadh Galleries and work in Olaya. I'm leaving Saudi in a few days for good. My place is clean, fully furnished, western style and it's in a mixed expat building.

I'm on a year lease and have about six months left. It's 26k a year, so all you'll have to pay is 13k. If you're interested,give me a call at 0537229872 to discuss further.

For single sharing accommodation you guys have two options as follows:-

1. Rent a singles only apartment (2/3 br) for around 30K-40K SR per year and split it the cost. Usually they come bare bones with kitchen, toilets (2), and living plus the BR. However, in this case you will have to invest in the infrastructure, Aircon, Cooker, Utensils, furniture etc.

2. Rent out a 3BR furnished apartment from the many currently sprouting on every street, especially in the north of Riyadh. This has everything within it and you dont have to worry about the basics. May cost around 200-250SR per day. Monthly rates may be discounted if you opt for a 6month or 12 month lease.

NJEXPAT's offer above is also a good one if you could go and see him and survey the place for suitability. 13K for 6 months for 2/3 guys is a real bonus for starters until you get settled and then think about something more luxurious or spacey. 

Good Luck guys!

Thanks for all the help!

This sounds like a great idea:

I'm a 30 year old lad, Liverpudlian, non smoker, Looking to either share with around same age if your interested. Email me [email protected] and I can tell you a bit more about myself if your still looking or if anyone else is still looking for a place. Got a good budget

Stephen

@Stephen, Yes, indeed. If you could surely strike up such an alliance with a fellow expat to share a decent furnished villa/apartment in a convenient location with all amenities provided it will be cost saving and also comfy. Would recommend a place near your work place.

Social interaction with expats from the UK, Europe, USA, Asia, far East, on common interests is easy to seek and establish as there are almost 10 million of us floating around from all corners of the globe, here.

Good Luck!

StephenAHayes wrote:

This sounds like a great idea:

I'm a 30 year old lad, Liverpudlian, non smoker, Looking to either share with around same age if your interested. Email me [email protected] and I can tell you a bit more about myself if your still looking or if anyone else is still looking for a place. Got a good budget

Stephen

I'm 24 and just moved here last Wednesday. I'm down to share if we find something.

Am up for sharing if anyones still up for it.  33 years old, from edinburgh.  been in riyadh for 2 weeks but just did a 3.5 year stint in jeddah.  i do smoke but have no probs keeping it to my room or going outside.  Also am working at the kingdom hospital, so wouldnt mind somewhere close to there.  budget not a probs, prefer around 30k a year but can go higher.  if we're sharing am sure we can get well nice place for that budget

thanks

Good Job guys.  I like how everyone is trying to help others. Helping is awesome :) Wish I could help But I have no Idea about the rent in the North of Riyadh. but if you need anything, I would be around. welcome to saudi guys.