Defacto Relationship - Westerners in Riyadh

I have the opportunity to work in Riyadh. However I have read somewhere that people in defacto relationships (which my partner and I are in) cannot live together.
Is this the case?
What about if we are living in a western community?
Would we be allowed into the country together?

Information on the subject would be appreciated.

Hi there,,, the system her is very strict,,, anykind of contact between males and females are forbiden only if she is ur wife, sister ,,, anyway, u as a western citizen will be more free in doing what u wanna do inside the compounds ,even if not, u can do what ever u wanna do just it shouldn't be in a pablic place. so, if u r in a western community it will make you feel free and happy, l am in riyadh here now, and l did not meet a girl for 2 moths, poor me :) , l hope the best luck for you in the city.

well, the authorities here will not issue a visa for defacto relationship partners in the first place. the only way you can come here together and be together is to come separately and live in a wesytern compound. that means you will require two separate work visas. tough...

Thanks for the responses. Both have been verified by a call to my embassy.

yes, if you are not legally married with your partner.... there is no way you can bring your partner here.... unless your partner will be able to find a job here as well... if not, you will be coming here alone... if you want to take your partner with you, well you can always make your document legal and get married legally then you can apply for a family status visa and you can bring your partner here in saudi...

wait, is your partner a female? just want to make things clear...

musicman's solution is the best option.