Anyone on here from or living in Scotland?

Talk to me and tell me about your world:)

It really depends where in Scotland you would like to know about, iv lived in this beautiful ever changing country  my whole life (all 24 years but believe me it feels longer lol), due to my work iv lived all over from Glasgow to Edinburgh all the way past Dundee and Aberdeen i have camped on the banks of Loch Ness (hunting Nessie for my kingship and gold!!) and along the river Clyde. I have walked the highs and lows of the West Highland Way and visited many of our still standing castles that have outlived their Kings, Queens and Royal members. I have also travelled a bit (mainly europe and touristy areas of USA like Florida and Vegas) to be honest there is a world of difference between every county in Scotland much as there are differences between states in the USA some are very similar to each other and some are worlds apart! the only constant simmilarity in scoland is the weather lol a lot of rain and wind! let me know if you have any questions i can help you with.

Petesy

I've been living in Glasgow for barely 5 months now, near the city centre. It is a nice city to live in other than the people being a little too racist sometimes (ouch!)
Where in Scotland have you been living and how do you find it?

Im surprised to hear about the racism, have you found it bad compared to other country's?  I guess there will always be the small and closed minded in any population. Im living in Lanarkshire for the last few years and i havn't encountered a single isolated moment of racism, however i know some areas of Glasgow can be a different story. My ex girlfriend was from chinese decent and we used to go into Glasgow for nights out all the time (2009/2010)and never had a problem. (apart from arguments with each other lol)

Do you feel you are adapting well to the culture or is it similar to what you are used to?

Have you noticed any major differences in your lifestyle now to when you were home?

It sounds daft but i only like Glasgow city center on certain months, between June and August Its the place to be, especially when the suns out and you can take your time sauntering around buchanan and sauchihall st (plenty of shops,pubs and restaurants) and the run up to Xmas between Nov And Jan When the City always looks pretty at night (which usually arrives around 4pm)when all the lights and decorations are on. Apart from those times of year id rather go to one of the shopping centers (braehead has become awsome over the last couple of years now with cinema and indoor snowboarding)

Although at the moment i have no option im in Glasgow every day thats where my Work and Gym are but only 8 more months and its india for a year...cant wait!

Hey, Im from Scotland....where are you from?

Need any information or advise im your person :)

Julie

@ Ddp!
Thanks for that! But I definitely have felt as being treated not too right, more often than not. But I'm not complaining too much, because I've met quite a few good people as well.
Anyway as far likin Glasgow during a particular season goes, I simply hate the winters, like everyone else (lol)
How is Lanarkshire?