Zumba lessons in the resorts

My family and me will probably move to the Maldives shortly for my husbands job. He will get a permit and will be able to work there, and he will be getting accomodation by .  I would also like to do something while we are there. I'm a certified Zumba teacher. I was hoping to find out if there would be any need in the resorts for a Zumba class for the tourists? Do the resorts have there own trainers? How difficult would it be to get a job as a freelance Zumba trainer? Will I be able to get a work permit if I want to work freelance? (for example if I get a letter from some resorts that they will be using my services?)Can anyone give me some good advice?
Kind regards,
Sigrid

Hi Sigrid,

Your topic has been moved on the Maldives forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck.

Dear Sigrid,

congratulation to you and your family!!

do you know where you will be based at? will you be in male or in a resort? if your husband is based in a resort things will get pretty complicated when it comes to doing freelancing work.

as each resort/hotel is on a separate island, hence the only mode of transportation is by sea or by air,

freelancing work is very limited in maldives, and you have to really convince a resort GM about this, if he likes it you would get a try.

even for yoga instructors its difficult to freelance in maldives. and for dance teachers i will say it will be much tougher,

however we have a few food new gyms in male, this could be where you could really sell your services to :)

i will try to find some gyms and get you the contacts... so that you can contact them directly.

once your in male, you can apply for the 3 months business visa, i am assuming that this is the only way for you to get a work permit.. but you will get a dependent visa with your husband's visa.. so if your planing to do freelancing i really do not see why you shud get a separate work permit for that.

regards
mooch

Hello Mooch,
thanks for all your advice. I think the smartest thing to do is to wait untill we are there to see how I should proceed.
I really appriciate your help.
Kind regards,
Sigrid