Anyone applying for the August 2012 masters intake?

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well. I am Shashank from Mumbai, India. I am planning to study in Finland next year i.e. August 2012 intake. Anyone else applying for the same intake. I am still researching on the job prospects in Finland after the completion of the course.

Cheers !
Shashank

Hi Shashank!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Thanks Armand !!:)

I've also applied for Masters in Tempere uni.
Can anyone tell me about the part time employment in Finland

http://www.mol.fi/mol/en/index.jsp

hi i'm jihane i'm studing at the univercity i had my bac last year now i want to go to russie

HI everyone.just rounded up my degree with The American University Yola.wld love to grab a masters degree in Finland.possibly this year.WILL Apreciate any pivotal info that i neeed know.thanks Everyone.

Hi all..
There are tons of job prospects in Finland and the salary rate is very competitive(after Norway) compare to other countries in the EU..
But, having said that, it's not as easy as you think to get a job in Finland, even for a dish washer position??? WHY ???

Firstly, as you know, the official language in Finland is only Finnish and Finnish and Finnish..

Even you have a PhD..it will never help or it worth nothing unless you speak their language..

No one will hire you if you cant communicate in Finnish, at least a basic..

And unfortunately, Finnish is one of the hardest language to master..

Nevertheless, it is not even impossible, if you have the drive and passion for a career, no one can stop you..
Good luck to everyone..
Cheers

There are companies that hire non-Finnish speakers, but these are good jobs and for highly qualified people only. I doubt Stephen Elop speaks Finnish!

For entry level jobs you have to speak at least passable Finnish, as is understandable. You can't very well be a waiter if you don't understand customers placing orders, or work in any other job in the service industry either.

One language is not more difficult than another, they are just different. Depends on your starting point. So it is easier for a Spaniard to learn French than Finnish because French is similar to Spanish. Millions of Finns have learned foreign languages, so why couldn't foreigners learn Finnish? Are you dumber than Finns?:)

[moderated]

Kumar Singh, I will make sure our company does not hire you.

I did not assume you personally were a Spaniard, I was speaking in general terms. I doubt that your French is as good as you think it is. Certainly your understanding of English is not.

Of course you are learning Swedish faster than Finnish, since Swedish is closer to the languages you already know. My point exactly.

My father spoke perfect Finnish after one year in this country. Who is the idiot now?

Your personal view of Finnish being an impossibly difficult language is totally unscientific. It needlessly discourages people who may want to move to Finland.

Please behave respectfully towards other commenters, also those who are women. Contain your rage, do not curse! And do not call other people names like "idiot", it just makes you and your country look bad.

Have a nice day!

I have applied for MS in WCE course in university of oulu, august 2012 . i got selected for the programme.