Buying property in Honduras

Hi,

can a foreigner buy property in Honduras?

If so, is it complicated? What is the process of purchasing a property in Honduras?

Any tips for buying property, such as a check-list of items to verify ?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Christine

Hello Christine:

YES, a foreigner can purchase Real Estate Property in Honduras and the process is fairly simple.

The only limitation that our laws (our Constitution) states for a foreigner is related to property that is located within a 40 kilometer zone from the shoreline (beachfront property.- This limitation makes it only possible for a foreigner to own up to 3,000 square meters in that area.

I'm an Attorney with offices in La Ceiba, Honduras, and I'll be glad to assist You in any way.

Regards,

JORGE LOPEZ

Hello Jorge!

Thanks for your help ;)

Armand

I would like to ad to Jorge's response.

You can purchase more than the 3000 square meters when starting a Honduran corporation. The Honduran corp is used by many expats for different reasons.

Chris

is it about the tax?if you start a honduran corporation you don't get taxed down there...is it right?any thought about that?

pateu wrote:

is it about the tax?if you start a honduran corporation you don't get taxed down there...is it right?any thought about that?

A Honduran corp is good for many reasons. Just contact Jorge to discuss. He can give you all correct info.

thanks chris.i will do that.

I recall reading something about a 1-2% tax on the value of your property if incorporated.  If not incorporated there is no tax up to a certain value of your property.  Is this also correct?