STD Testing in Copenhagen

Hi,

I want to have an STD (sexually transmitted diseases) test.

Does anyone know a test center for anonymous testing in Copenhagen?

In Rotterdam, Holland, there is a test center where you can have an STD test anonymous and for free. Is there something similar in Copenhagen?

Thank you very much,

There is also a new testing center called CheckPoint that I read about today (see below, in Danish), right on Stroeget in Copenhagen, for STD testing. You can either call for an appointment (see number below) or drop in (see address below). They are not open in July so go in before the end of this week.

Hiv- og syfilistest
I foråret 2009 holder CheckPoint åbent om mandagene i perioden 2. februar til 29. juni. Der kan bestilles tid hverdage kl. 10 - 12 på telefon 51 90 17 44.

Hvis du ikke ønsker at booke tid i forvejen, kan du også blot komme ind fra gaden de pågældende mandage mellem 16.00 og 19.00.

Amagertorv 33, 4 sal – midt på Strøget, oven over STOP AIDS' kontorlokaler.

Hi there,

Thank to you both!! I'm very short handed here in Copenhagen when searching such a place to have STD test. You know, it is not easy to find people to ask about sth like this and when you don't have any friends around.

So thank you very much once again :)

Bye,

Bora

You are most welcome Bora -- hope it turned out OK!

Hi Axic,
Yes, that is true. CheckPoint is managed by STOP AIDS, an LGBT community-based organisation (CBO)focused on the special health problems of gay men, lesbians, bisexual and transpersons in Denmark. The CheckPoint is specifically designed to not only provide AIDS testing, but also to council on safe sex among the target group of gay men. If you don't fit this profile, then free testing is available through your doctor, as is all health care in Denmark.

This is how the process works at CheckPoint, according to the site, and directly translated with google translate:

"At the CheckPoint you can get done, for free, HIV testing as well as syphilis and vaccination for hepatitis B.

With CheckPoint, you are guaranteed professional advice from one of our advisors who all have many years experience in counseling about HIV among gay men who have sex with men.

HIV TEST - HOW IT WORKS
When you seek the help of CheckPoint, a counselor will first tell you about the HIV test, the test for syphilis, etc. and answer any questions you may have about safe and unsafe sex, infection risk and other items you want to know more about.

If you decide to go ahead with the tests, the consultant administers the test, then there is a 20 minute wait for the results.

You have access to a waiting room where you can read magazines, look in brochures or have a cup of coffee while you wait.

When the 20 minutes have passed, the test result are ready, and you are again invited into the consultant. Here you get the answer to the test, whether positive or negative, the consultant is ready to talk about the questions you may have and advise you on next steps."

Again, testing is also free via your doctor.

Regards, Bill

Bill,
thanks for the info, but I am in need of a major STD screening and I am just visiting here from America. I have neither health insurance back home or here. I could get money for the visit maybe, and prescription if needed, but I can't seem to come up with any info on where to go after I was turned down from the Checkpoint office.

After a long and pretty painful search I finally sorted out the best place to get STI testing in Copenhagen.  Not speaking much Danish was a real setback as im sure many of you have discovered for pretty much everything asides from person to person contact in Denmark.

If you want to get STI testing of any type, asides from HIV or Syphilis (get in touch with Checkpoint), then go to bispebjerg hospital center for venereal disease.  Just google the website for bisperbjerg hospital and translate and it will give you the information you need. If you're struggling with that then try calling them at 35 31 31 88.  the hours of operation seem to change so maybe try to call before going. I think that this is the center where everyone in Copenhagen goes to get testing done.. as far as I can tell. There's no appointments, just drop in, or first come first serve. When you get in you get to see a Doctor and a Nurse and from there it's pretty standard procedure for testing. Good Luck